Taxi/shuttle services in Costa Rica

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi/shuttle services in Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I suppose you're right, and again I wanna say I didn't DISLIKE SJO, people were nice, weather was so so, city was what I expected only a bit smaller than I thought. My only real complaint was the pricing. While I hate to use Colombia as an example for everything, Subway/Mcdonalds/Pizza is fairly comparable in Colombia in pricing to the US. So while it's more expensive than local food, it's not over and above the "expected" price.

I did see plenty of cheap tico food for sure.

Maybe I can ask you SJOguy (I'm starting to think I should've met up with you for a chat, you're an informed guy!) what kind of money people make there? Because I didn't see AS MUCH abject poverty as Colombia, but as a tourist, lots of people had no shame in asking me for money. But I also ask cuz at the soccer match a coke was $5 USD basically, which while normal in the US/Canada, got me thinking...if you only made say $5 an hour, that'd be pricey for an event that attracts a large group of middle class people.

I would 100% go back if I had a wife/gf for a vacation on the beach or whatever, but I think my next central America stop might be Nicaragua based on some of what I've heard. I'd like to try Panama too, but I always just end up passing through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.