Reload this Page >

New fast-track security line for F and J at SJO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New fast-track security line for F and J at SJO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Is there a similar line at LIR?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by SJOGuy
As TacaCopaFlyer says, sometimes the fast-track line doesn’t save any time. There are four screening stations. The elite line gets sent to the one on the far right; the general line gets sent to any open station of the four. Crew members also use the elite line. Gauge things when you get there. If the elite line has a line, and if there’s not much of a general line, the general one might actually go faster.

But I've also flown on days when the general security line goes out the door onto the sidewalk.
As a followup to the info above from TacaCopaFlyer and SJO Guy, I flew out of SJO on Saturday morning. After leaving the ticket counter you proceed to a central security line where documents are checked. There is a sign directing aircrews, diplomats, etc to the right. No mention of priority boarding, and on Saturday this line was roped off. Everyone was funneled into one line for document check. After that you are directed by security to one of several lines, and it looked to me as if the priority line was to the far right, but it was unmarked. Altho my boarding pass was marked "priority" I was sent to the general screening line. It was early and there weren't many people in either line so I didn't question it.

My first time flying out of SJO-- absolutely gorgeous, newer facility as nice as anything of comparable size that you're likely to encounter.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:55 am

I have an 8:30am fllight out of SJO on a Saturday. how early shoudl I arrive to the airport? Y'all have me worried about securitylines to the sidewalk
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by jetsetter777
I have an 8:30am fllight out of SJO on a Saturday. how early shoudl I arrive to the airport? Y'all have me worried about securitylines to the sidewalk
I usually take early flights out of SJO. I have never seen the line longer than 10-15 people at that time of the day.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
I usualy try to arrive 1:15 before departure. As long as you have status and are fairly sure you can be at the counter 1 hour before the flight, the lines down stream should not affect you.

I was thrown for a loop this morning, taking a "Locos" fare on Nature Air to MGA that I bought 4 weeks ago, the counter agent told me I needed to go to pay the departure tax! I haven't done that in almost a year, and the line was pretty long with charter flight pax from Europe.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
I got my boarding pass stamped (J on CM), but security was almost empty, so I went thru the regular line. Is this fast-track the same for MasterCard Black holders?
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
No credit card gives you access to the fast-track line. Your airline has to stamp your boarding pass at check-in.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
Actually the fast track line is signed to allow MasterCard Black card holders.

Don't have one, and don't know if they work, but the sign says it does.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

I didn't know that, TCF. Thank you.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:08 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does this still work?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ari
Does this still work?
Yes. Have your airline stamp your boarding pass when you check in. You need to be flying in F or J.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:21 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. Have your airline stamp your boarding pass when you check in. You need to be flying in F or J.
Thanks! What are arrivals like? Is there a line for family with young children or disabled? J/F Fast Track?

Sorry to ask, but I have 20+ folks traveling there during a popular time (myself among them) ranging in age from born yesterday to lived through the Great Depression-- some in J, some in Y-- on several different flights.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ari
Thanks! What are arrivals like? Is there a line for family with young children or disabled? J/F Fast Track?

Sorry to ask, but I have 20+ folks traveling there during a popular time (myself among them) ranging in age from born yesterday to lived through the Great Depression-- some in J, some in Y-- on several different flights.
There is no J/F line for arrivals. I have seen elderly travelers or families with very young children get waved into a special line off to the right. I don't know that there's anything official about it.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:48 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no J/F line for arrivals. I have seen elderly travelers or families with very young children get waved into a special line off to the right. I don't know that there's anything official about it.
Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Ari
Disabled in chairs are managed well. They have separate lines for residents which are often quite a few.

They use one lineup and are sharp to point people to open booths. Agents speak English and are friendly. There's little questioning about your legitimacy if you're from North America. Other than friendly inquiries.

Your luggage still won't be out even if you are 59th in line anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.