Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Costa Rica in November?

Costa Rica in November?

Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Costa Rica in November?

Hi,

Has anyone visited Costa Rica in November perhaps? Which coast would you recommend? I'm planning a trip late November and I'm a little be afraid that it's going to rain all the time.

Thanks for your help!

Karolina
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
November can be a tough call. It's the transition between rainy and dry seasons. In most of the country, the rain has started to taper off by the end of November. That's in a typical year.

BUT ... The Caribbean coast has different weather patterns than the rest of the country. Heavier rains start to move in there by late November and continue through December. If you're visiting in late November, the Pacific coast is your best bet.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
We went in November 2010, around Thanksgiving. It definitely rained a lot. Our clothes and shoes were perpetually wet and it was nearly impossible to get anything to dry (take many plastic bags and good rain gear). But we still had a great time. The rain did not really get in the way of the things we wanted to do, and it never rained the whole day through, or so hard we couldn't go out. We were in Arenal, Tortuguero, & Manuel Antonio Park. The latter was much dryer the days we were there (the last part of our trip, so very late in November) but I don't know if that was due to predictable weather patterns or just luck.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your help!

Karolina
Old Aug 24, 2014, 1:31 am

Plan on rain, but it will be a warm rain. It does depend on where you will be how much rain you will get. Just bring rain gear! At least it isn’t snowing!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.