Changing Metal in SAL

Old Dec 3, 13, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX D, AF P, UA G, Hilton D, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, National Exec
Changing Metal in SAL

I am flying Copa 410 (PTY-SAL) and connect onto Taca 414 (SAL-BZE). The connection time is 1h46m.
Will Copa work with Taca to check my bag all the through to BZE? If not, will I have enough time to re-check in with Taca?
Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 13, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i remember SAL (San Salvador?) was a breeze when i passed through it in 2004. except you'll have a recipocal visa fee that used to be 25USD ish back then if you have to enter the country.

Anyways, TACA and COPA are both in *A so interline should be ok. nothing stops an incompetent agent tho.
Old Dec 3, 13, 10:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
If you can interline your bags and get your boarding passes for the second flight when you first check in at PTY, you will be able to walk to your connecting gate at SAL. You will never officially enter El Salvador.
Old Dec 3, 13, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA EXPLAT
Yes, COPA will interline your baggage through to TACA.

1:45 is plenty to connect in SAL. You will have ample time to visit what is, without a doubt, the worst * lounge at a hub airport in the entire world...
Old Dec 4, 13, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX D, AF P, UA G, Hilton D, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, National Exec
Thanks everyone.

Can't wait to check out the * lounge now ha-ha
Old Dec 4, 13, 1:41 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
Actually they are once again remodeling the SAL Taca/Avianca Star Gold club. When there 10 days ago, they had the whole bar hidden behind drywall, and all new (although uncomfortable) furniture throughout the lounge. THey still have the same 2 or three wall outlets for charging though.

The drinks are free, and at times mini-sandwiches, so not all bad.

Search this Thread