Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Panama - PTY to city?

Panama - PTY to city?

Old Apr 7, 13, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: several
Panama - PTY to city?

Does anyone have an suggestions on the best and cost-effective way from Tocumen airport to/from the city? I am staying at the downtown Marriott. I'm not opposed to public transit if there is any, but certainly open to any other suggestions. First time there, so not sure what to expect, and I speak no Spanish!
Old Apr 8, 13, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Silver
Not speaking Spanish will not be a problem. You should be fine.
Do a quick search on here, you will find a couple options. We used My Friend Mario. Others have recommended a service "Your Man in Panama"
While it is a bit more than a standard taxi, the small difference is worth having someone meet you at the airport.
When you use taxis in Panama, do not use the ones at the hotel. Way more expensive. Most rides around the city should just be a few dollars.
Old Apr 9, 13, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: several
Terrific. Thank you for the great advice, especially with regards to hotel taxis.

I will contact the two you mentioned for sure.
Old Nov 5, 13, 5:35 pm

taxis from airport in Panama City

We had a good experience with John. He was reasonable and helpful with information about where to stay and places to eat and party. There was lots going on in the city and we generally felt safe. Veneto hotel was full of girls mostly Young Colombians. John can be reached at 507 60653942 in Panama City.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: