Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

transit visa needed for GUA?

Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat

Hi, I was wondering if I need a transit visa or anything similar (i am a US resident but not a citizen) as I have a lay over in GUA for about 1 hr. I am going MIA-GUA- LIM
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA, Hilton Honors
Very unlikely - I assume you have a green card.

Check timatic: http://www.delta.com/planning_reserv...tion/index.jsp
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:05 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this concerns Guatemela, please follow in our Central America forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old May 12, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
any info on this I have connecting flight for a few hours want to get out of the airport a bit, are there any fees or taxes I will need to pay if I do this.
Old May 29, 2011, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In theory you don't need anything for GUA that you don't need in MIA. However, you should double-check that your immigration status allows reentry to the USA (both at GUA and however you are getting back to the USA). You don't say whether your residency status is permanent (green card) or not. While much good-hearted and well-meaning advice on FT, this is serious enough that you should not rely on what you learn here, but speak directly with CIS.
Old May 31, 2011, 6:11 pm

I have never needed a visa to go to or get through GUA. I think you are fine.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
Originally Posted by m.beowulf.h
I have never needed a visa to go to or get through GUA. I think you are fine.
thanks.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
No visa needed. There will be two flights of stairs down when you arrive into GUA. After the first one, turn right (U-turn) to proceed back to security. (If you keep going down the second stairs you'll go through I&C.)

There are signs that say "Connections".

Now... once you turn back to walk into the terminal will there be someone at the little metal detector separating you and the gates? Many times not, as GUA is very rarely used for connections. Just walk through the metal detector/hall into the terminal if no one is there.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by CObigtimefan
No visa needed. There will be two flights of stairs down when you arrive into GUA. After the first one, turn right (U-turn) to proceed back to security. (If you keep going down the second stairs you'll go through I&C.)

There are signs that say "Connections".

Now... once you turn back to walk into the terminal will there be someone at the little metal detector separating you and the gates? Many times not, as GUA is very rarely used for connections. Just walk through the metal detector/hall into the terminal if no one is there.
Is this still true? I am getting conflicting information. Do I have to go through immigration/customs or can I just follow the "Connections" signs? (BTW, what is Connections in Spanish?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.