Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Travel to Costa Rica - via Mexico?

Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )

So the family is doing a trip to Costa Rica but I am flying solo to meet them. I am wondering about my options. The cheaper flight, by $140, has a stopover in Mexico for 5 and 7 hours there and back. The more expensive but direct route is only 4 hours each way. I am trying to decide if hitting Mexico for that short of a time is worthwhile. Anyone here with experience with the airport and local area? Is the extra time worth the lower cost or would I just be bored sitting around in another airport?

thanks

EDIT: Actually thinking this might be better in the Central American subforum. Any mods able to move it there for me?

Last edited by pattermj; Aug 3, 2010 at 1:52 pm
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:24 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Pleased to respond to your request and move the thread. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
well went with the direct flight. Makes it easier overall. Cost a bit more but I guess I will live. Just less scotch for me it means.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.