Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Update to CX Experience Thread: Y inflight power now working

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat

Please could a mod update the CX Experience thread for YCL. There is now working in-flight power in Y on the 77A (at least on my aircraft it was working).

There were individual power sockets located in the seatback in front of you. You have to lower the tray table to access it.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 4:21 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
I thought the inflight power on the 77W has always been working. The 74A were having a problem though, but I don't know whether it is fixed yet.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by eyeballer
Please could a mod update the CX Experience thread for YCL. There is now working in-flight power in Y on the 77A (at least on my aircraft it was working).

There were individual power sockets located in the seatback in front of you. You have to lower the tray table to access it.
I think you misunderstood 74A as 77A. 77A has working power on all classes, only the 74A has AC power problems.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The OP is correct - the FAQ does need rewriting. What it says is
5.6 Do Economy Class seats have in-seat power and data ports?
The Olympus product was designed to feature in-built power. The plug is located at the head of each armrest. However, a design flaw has led to power interruptions. While a temporary fix has been enabled for FCL and JCL, Olympus YCL cabins currently remain without plug-in power. We understand Cathay’s systems engineers are working to remedy this problem.
To my understanding this actually refers to the 74A, but there is nothing to say that the power is there on the 77A.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 6:00 am

Programs: Mucci Master of the Skies, Does anyone read any further than Mucci anyway? BAEC Blue
Givent that the power is now working in Y on all aircraft apart from 74A, at least intermitantly given some of the reports on here, is it a standard plug i.e. uk/us/euro or would I need to purchase an empower adapter to get power for my laptop when I fly at the end of the month?
Old Sep 5, 2009, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by speedbird182
Givent that the power is now working in Y on all aircraft apart from 74A, at least intermitantly given some of the reports on here
Er, no. It's working on the 77A. On which there is a generic international socket into which you can plug pretty much any plug (except South African).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.