FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   KVS Tool now searches CX awards! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/956990-kvs-tool-now-searches-cx-awards.html)

j3brooklyn May 21, 2009 7:15 pm

KVS Tool now searches CX awards!

As of today, the KVS Availability Tool has a beta version that allows you to search CX award availability. If you are a platinum member, just click on the link on the main page (http://www.kvstool.com/) to request access to the beta. Once downloaded and installed, the new option appears at the bottom of the list: CUPID: Awards/CX. All you need to do is enter your AsiaMiles number and PIN (free at https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/homepage). This is a huge advance over the AsiaMiles/CX site which drives you crazy starting from scratch every time you want to change parameters (date, class, number of seats, origin/destination, etc.). A great tool just got greater.

Please note: I am not a paid publicist for KVS, but I am a subscriber and huge fan.

mmaddog May 21, 2009 7:42 pm

Cool. I am a also a plat subscriber, will give it a try. Tks.

midlevels May 21, 2009 7:42 pm

The KVS Tool beta has supported CX awards for quite some time (I myself have been using it before today).

j3brooklyn May 21, 2009 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by midlevels (Post 11787785)
The KVS Tool beta has supported CX awards for quite some time (I myself have been using it before today).

It was only just posted on the KVS site today. I certainly would have appreciated a heads up as I spent the last few days struggling with the AsiaMiles/CX site to find an award.

hau cheng May 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Thanks. That will save a lot of guess work.

jackywhatever May 22, 2009 3:49 am

Great. I will consider switching from expertflyer to KVS

kchika May 22, 2009 7:50 am

Originally Posted by jackywhatever (Post 11789089)
Great. I will consider switching from expertflyer to KVS

I'm on the same boat here. From the looks of it KVS seems to be harder to use than EF though.

j3brooklyn May 23, 2009 6:49 am

Originally Posted by kchika (Post 11789708)
I'm on the same boat here. From the looks of it KVS seems to be harder to use than EF though.

True, the KVS interface is not as self-evident as expertflyer, but KVS has an excellent FAQ (link on their main page) which pretty much spells out how to use the system and understand the codes and terminology. Worth a read.

midlevels May 26, 2009 2:42 am

Originally Posted by kchika (Post 11789708)

I have both, and I'd say that EF is far far far more user friendly than KVS. KVS is generally quite cumbersome to use. I'd sign up for the $15/3 month subscription in case you want to try it, in case you don't like it.

KVS Jul 5, 2009 1:58 pm

First of all, thanks to all those KVS Tool members, who have participated in the CX Awards-Upgrades Beta.

BTW, does anyone know what are the upgrade booking classes on CX?

cxfan1960 Jul 5, 2009 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by KVS (Post 12016181)
First of all, thanks to all those KVS Tool members, who have participated in the CX Awards-Upgrades Beta.

BTW, does anyone know what are the upgrade booking classes on CX?

To the outside, upgrade and full redemption awards share the same booking class codes - U for business, Z for first. Internally, they are different.

KVS Jul 5, 2009 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by cxfan1960 (Post 12016251)
To the outside, upgrade, companion and full redemption awards share the same booking class codes - U for business, Z for first. Internally, they are different.

Do you know what those internal booking classes are?

gleff Jul 5, 2009 3:47 pm

Just a thanks for KVS for making this addition. The awards shown in the tool via the CX site are indeed the inventory available to partners, at least AA and at least universally across the board for all the flights I've searched.

Probably wouldn't have bothered to put together the YYZ-HKG-MNL-HKG-LHR F award that I did if KVS tool hadn't made it so easy... ^

cxfan1960 Jul 5, 2009 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by KVS (Post 12016273)
Do you know what those internal booking classes are?

I don't know. I would like to know too. I read a while back that "R" is one of the internal award booking classes, but I am sure there are a lot more.

KVS Jul 6, 2009 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 12016582)
Just a thanks for KVS for making this addition. The awards shown in the tool via the CX site are indeed the inventory available to partners, at least AA and at least universally across the board for all the flights I've searched.

Probably wouldn't have bothered to put together the YYZ-HKG-MNL-HKG-LHR F award that I did if KVS tool hadn't made it so easy... ^

That's certainly great to hear -- thanks for confirming and enjoy your award!