Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum Connection Time in Taipei

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Yes within MCT.

Also very doable! I once had a mistake booking tickets and it took <10 mins to clear security and get back up.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by kaka

v doable. and ull b protected if cr@p happens

unless u need the status miles/cp/tp, id skip that leg.
Thanks Kaka. my key purpose is actually a roundtrip from CGK to HKG la, cannot skip the leg lol
i'm considering this coz it happens that booking CGK-HKG-TPE RT is HKD2k+ cheaper lol
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by HaikalS
Yes within MCT.

Also very doable! I once had a mistake booking tickets and it took <10 mins to clear security and get back up.
Thanks HaikalS! I suppose i don't need a TW visa but in case i'd just apply one online (it's free anyways haha)
Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by shek3112
Thanks Kaka. my key purpose is actually a roundtrip from CGK to HKG la, cannot skip the leg lol
i'm considering this coz it happens that booking CGK-HKG-TPE RT is HKD2k+ cheaper lol
CGK may not able to double tag your bag as CGK HKG TPE HKG and may only able to tag it to TPE ONLY. You may consider:

1. Enter taipei and recheck your back to HKG
2. Short tag it to HKG, collect bag and store it at left luggage, then fly hkg tpe hkg without any bag

I tried to do PVG HKG TPE HKG couple years ago without success that they insisted I collect bag in tpe and recheck. Just my 2 cents .
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
CGK may not able to double tag your bag as CGK HKG TPE HKG and may only able to tag it to TPE ONLY. You may consider:

1. Enter taipei and recheck your back to HKG
2. Short tag it to HKG, collect bag and store it at left luggage, then fly hkg tpe hkg without any bag

I tried to do PVG HKG TPE HKG couple years ago without success that they insisted I collect bag in tpe and recheck. Just my 2 cents .
Thanks @ChrisLi for your advice. I'm considering keeping my luggage at a minimum so i don't need to check any baggage. If can't I'll try to ask if they can tag it to HKG, otherwise i'll short check to HKG as i think 1 hour in TPE is not enough for immigration, collecting and re-checking the bag. Many thanks!

Anyways i'd love to ask and hear what they'd think at CGK for checking CGK-HKG-TPE-HKG haha~
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:51 pm

Live fron CGK!

they're able to issue all 3 broading passes for me, but stuck here because of visa problem.
Per their checking transitting in TPE from HKG back to HKG does not qualify as no-need-visa transfer. Luckily I've applied for the visa online but unfortunately I forgot to print out lol The check-in agents are helpful and assist to print out the visa~

I've enquired about if i have baggage, they advised that it will be check through from CGK to HKG to TPE to HKG. I don't have a luggage this time to test this though. Haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.