Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by Firemin
Well by means of an update I emailed MPC with a printout of my last 18months flight history and my (3) future bookings, none of which are actually with CX, and they have offered to match me to MPC Gold.

now need to decide whether to take them up on it... have already requalified as BAEC Gold (Equiv to MPC diamond) this year so will be OWE until June 2019. Need to have a tot up of points from future bookings to see if it is worthwhile
Be aware, if you do fly J/F, the MPC Gold does not give you that many advantages. IROPS might be the biggest.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
So I have a new found respect for my fellow OWE's who earned their status on CX....

My current flight bookings after my BAEC collection year end (leisure only so far) will net me a total of 570 club points, not even sufficient to requalify as MPC Gold

On the other hand, if I credit the same flights to BA, I will earn 1000 tier points, which is 2/3 of the way to reacheiving gold..
APeverell and clubeurope like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:26 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Firemin
So I have a new found respect for my fellow OWE's who earned their status on CX....

My current flight bookings after my BAEC collection year end (leisure only so far) will net me a total of 570 club points, not even sufficient to requalify as MPC Gold

On the other hand, if I credit the same flights to BA, I will earn 1000 tier points, which is 2/3 of the way to reacheiving gold..
ding ding ding!
Old May 27, 2018, 7:20 am

Any chance of a match FROM enrich silver?

My flights in mas and sq are mainly in J to hkg, bkk, sgn to/from sin

Upcoming flight in cx y and would like to see how I can stretch my benefits
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:43 pm

Question TK E+ to MCP?

Anyone with recent experience in matching a legit TK Elite Plus to some decent CX MPC tier level? Anyone at all?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Thinking of matching my BAEC, currently GGL earning 9000 tps a year. Any chance they would match DM or just gold?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Thinking of matching my BAEC, currently GGL earning 9000 tps a year. Any chance they would match DM or just gold?
Although there are exceptions, CX generally doesn't match DM.

Your best chance of DM is if those points were accrued on CX in J or F class. You'll have to prove it with not just flying records but probably receipts. And, in the case I saw, they also asked to see proof of upcoming J or F tickets on CX.

Then they might give you GO, but say once you fly those flights, contact us again and we'll give you DM.

But they don't just mail you a DM card for getting status elsewhere.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Don't do it, it's just not worth it. I had a great honeymoon period after I got matched in, but then came the 6/22/2018 devaluation and going further reality started kicking in. I wouldn't say CX DM is a weaker program compared to BA or AA having (had) all Emerald statuses; but now I would not say that it is superior either.

If anyone from management/MPO or CX is reading this, yes I did mean what I say - i will NOT vouch for your program on social media any more. Ever.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Surely at 9000TP's per year, achieving LTG would be a more immediate priority?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Why don't I say this - OP, what is the reason you need DM?

The thing is with your GGL, you get pretty much everything that a DM gets. So unless there is a situation that warrants you to make the chance. GGL is still more superior than DM.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:31 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Don't do it, it's just not worth it. I had a great honeymoon period after I got matched in, but then came the 6/22/2018 devaluation and going further reality started kicking in. I wouldn't say CX DM is a weaker program compared to BA or AA having (had) all Emerald statuses; but now I would not say that it is superior either.

If anyone from management/MPO or CX is reading this, yes I did mean what I say - i will NOT vouch for your program on social media any more. Ever.
What’s your program plan now?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:27 pm

Do you mean purely from AM devaluation or you've found a different level of service?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by sxc

What’s your program plan now?

Shaved a couple thousand CPs off future bookings for one thing, for another my 'non-CX-phobia' is decreasing - just tried JL on their HKG route last week and it was great.

Originally Posted by Visconti
Do you mean purely from AM devaluation or you've found a different level of service?
I should say both, service is good for DM but the decline has reached worrying levels especially since a considerable bunch of newly trained SPs/FPs/OJs (first class pursers) got promoted in late 2018.
For example, the high touch card for DM is virtually non existent in J nowadays and increasingly forgotten in F

So for those looking to match into MPC, think again, what benefits do you look forward to?
Pulling revenue seats for redemption - largely trashed
CX-style SWUs aka BUDs - difficult to clear - and to some extent worse than AA SWUs, you can't waitlist for them.
'DM water' and onboard fawning - either they don't do it out of laziness, or they do it but also for emeralds, so no difference.
Buggy - they denied me one when I had a flight departing soon from N36 last week. Within the rules, but stupid.

Last edited by G-CIVC; Mar 17, 2019 at 1:43 am
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Shaved a couple thousand CPs off future bookings for one thing, for another my 'non-CX-phobia' is decreasing - just tried JL on their HKG route last week and it was great.

I should say both, service is good for DM but the decline has reached worrying levels especially since a considerable bunch of newly trained SPs/FPs/OJs (first class pursers) got promoted in late 2018.
For example, the high touch card for DM is virtually non existent in J nowadays and increasingly forgotten in F

So for those looking to match into MPC, think again, what benefits do you look forward to?
CX-style SWUs aka BUDs - difficult to clear - and to some extent worse than AA SWUs, you can't waitlist for them.
'DM water' and onboard fawning - either they don't do it out of laziness, or they do it but also for emeralds, so no difference.
Buggy - they denied me one when I had a flight departing soon from N36 last week. Within the rules, but stupid.
Happy to report DM/OWE water has been downgraded too - haven't received Evian for awhile.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:47 am
ofj

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Not to resurrect a dead post for nothing - but for me and many others, I think a significant part of it is simply for getting better award availability for transpacific J/F routes. Those are in theory bookable via As, AA, or BA, but in reality availability for OW partners to book Cathay J/F is simply nonexistent these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.