CX Status Match

Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:00 am

Programs: Marco Polo, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by JALlover
Is AF/KL really that bad now?
I have no idea about them now, since the last one I went on one was back in 2002..quite long ago and it was a pleasant epxerience that time
Oh yeah! Again, this is only me personal opinion, but head over to the FB part of this forum, and you'll pretty soon see that I'm not alone when it comes to having this opinion about AF/KLM

Cheers,
Joe
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:27 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Welcome to the Club.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by JALlover
Is AF/KL really that bad now?
I have no idea about them now, since the last one I went on one was back in 2002..quite long ago and it was a pleasant epxerience that time
AFKL products in J and F (AF only) are nowhere close to CX. They have engaged in drastic cost-cutting and the seats are dated. In Y they recently converted all their 777s, used to Asia, to 3x4x3 which means that you are truly squeezed.
But the points made above relate primarily to elite status on AFKL. The Flying Blue FFP used to be quite generous, but it drastically changes on April 1 and becomes unattractive to say the least. Gold and Plats (equivalent to CX DM) have very few perks (except bonus miles). There seems to be little recognition and advantages to be elite on AFKL.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:45 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by brunos
Gold and Plats (equivalent to CX DM) have very few perks (except bonus miles).
But threshold for Plat is way below that for CX DM.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 7:06 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum, Etihad Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
If you are flying CX a lot and are likely to reach CX Diamond.

I guess with the business slowing down, I would be lucky to reach CX Gold!!
Instead of aiming for CX Gold, I guess it would be easier to maintain BA Silver which is an equivalent on Oneworld basis.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by dabbagmm
I guess with the business slowing down, I would be lucky to reach CX Gold!!
Instead of aiming for CX Gold, I guess it would be easier to maintain BA Silver which is an equivalent on Oneworld basis.
or maybe AA or JL
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by ThrustReverse
Today CX match my AF/KLM gold to MPC silver!
Recently had my SkyMiles Gold matched to MPC Silver...

Last edited by onfo; Mar 25, 2009 at 10:03 am Reason: added "MPC"
Old Mar 25, 2009, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AP, QF, Marriott Silver
I am AA EXP based on 5 trips last year yyz to HKG and other points in Asia mostly on CX. The reason I am in AA's program rather than MPC is because I could pay my expenses on an AA Visa with a Canadian bank. This year I am forced to use a corporate card so I am beat for the double dipping. I have done 1 trip this year with the following legs on CX yyz-hkg-mnl, cgk-hkg,hkg-pek-hkg-yyz. If anything I will be travelling more this year than last

Would CX give me a match to my AA EXP and at what level.

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2009, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Hamilton guy
I am AA EXP based on 5 trips last year yyz to HKG and other points in Asia mostly on CX. The reason I am in AA's program rather than MPC is because I could pay my expenses on an AA Visa with a Canadian bank. This year I am forced to use a corporate card so I am beat for the double dipping. I have done 1 trip this year with the following legs on CX yyz-hkg-mnl, cgk-hkg,hkg-pek-hkg-yyz. If anything I will be travelling more this year than last

Would CX give me a match to my AA EXP and at what level.

Thanks
CX may in your case. CX is not good is matching to the same tier levels. Unless there are convincing reasons, the highest they will match to is CX Gold (OW SA).
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
But threshold for Plat is way below that for CX DM.
Indeed! Actually fairly easy to reach Plat using AMEX card if you are based in France, or the lower "foreign" level if you are based in Asia. But Plat is their highest level, so they have plenty of them and Plats get very little benefits and recognition. very different model from CX or BA.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
I just sent off a request to have my CO Gold comped to MPC Gold. I sent an email to the MPC address and attached PDFs of my CO end-2008 statement and my CO Gold card. I signed up for MPC beforehand, and hope that might help even a wee bit.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:52 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
SQ Gold comped to CX Silver

Earlier this month, I was able to get SQ Gold comped to CX Silver for one of my family members. When I asked for comp direct to CX Gold, they declined.

This was just regular KrisFlyer Gold, no PPS status.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:39 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I just sent off a request to have my CO Gold comped to MPC Gold. I sent an email to the MPC address and attached PDFs of my CO end-2008 statement and my CO Gold card. I signed up for MPC beforehand, and hope that might help even a wee bit.
Most likely a Silver comp if at all. That is if you don't happen to fly to Hongkong or mainland China on a frequent basis in the higher fare classes.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:14 am

I would also agree that the best, if at all, is Silver. In general, it is more difficult to get to CX Gold than to get to CO Gold. You need to give CX a really convincing reason for them to comp you Gold.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:30 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
You don't need to sign up for MPC beforehand and waste the US$50. When they comp you they will waive that charge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.