CX Status Match

Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:23 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by Beano HK
Because as I now live here, and I have signed up to Asia Miles, it makes more sense for me on things like redemptions, bonus mileage etc.

In addition, BA currently seem to be doing everything possible to piss their GCH off recently so it's my one man stance.

It's simple, if CX want my 10 LHR trips per annum, 2-3 US flights, plus regional flights, all in J or above, I have asked them to status match.
I guess if you dont ask, you don't get, I just got an offer of Gold
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: CX DM
hi
i have sent an e-mail to the Macro Polo Club for a silver status...just wondering how likely am i going to get a silber status when i am only a silber status with QFF? also how long does it normally takes them to reply?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by cyncynangel
hi
i have sent an e-mail to the Macro Polo Club for a silver status...just wondering how likely am i going to get a silber status when i am only a silber status with QFF? also how long does it normally takes them to reply?
The BA Gold guy (Beano HK) got matched even he is a oneworld elite.

I see no problem then.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:48 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by garykung
The BA Gold guy (Beano HK) got matched even he is a oneworld elite.

I see no problem then.
The BA Gold guy got replies the next day after each email, and after I accepted my status had changed the following morning. Nothing but excellent service all the way from the MPC guys.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:41 pm

Wow! with 40-75K/annum on AC *G, two to three travels between North America and Asia each year....I am surprised I got turned down by CX for MPC Silver.

But glad I have asked and able to conclude on this curiosity ~
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Wow! with 40-75K/annum on AC *G, two to three travels between North America and Asia each year....I am surprised I got turned down by CX for MPC Silver.

But glad I have asked and able to conclude on this curiosity ~
What have you done?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
I have the feeling that CX would like to see some generated revenue for them and maybe also a few bookings before they'd consider matching someone. Of course not knowing if this was indeed the case in the aformentioned scenario.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mosburger
I have the feeling that CX would like to see some generated revenue for them and maybe also a few bookings before they'd consider matching someone. Of course not knowing if this was indeed the case in the aformentioned scenario.
I think that is SOP, right?

When I was comped, I provided my CX booking to MPC.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
What have you done?
The whole 9 yards from what i read others have posted.......... nvm....... they reconsidered and decided to accept both Mrs GHT and I
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Any chance of getting CX to match my AA Plat status?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:27 pm

Programs: CX DM, SG Krisfl, MH Enrich, Hyatt GP Diam, Priority Club Plat, Marriott SL, HHonors, SPG, AClub
* deleted *

Last edited by Connecta; Jan 12, 2012 at 12:44 am Reason: mis-read original question
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by nitrobass24
Any chance of getting CX to match my AA Plat status?
Depends. My experiences are with colleagues and friends who were AA EXP. I believe one was comped GO (a rung below Cathay's DM status), and I can't remember what happened to the other (but I recall it wasn't DM). They both faxed in their flight histories to CX.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Depends. My experiences are with colleagues and friends who were AA EXP. I believe one was comped GO (a rung below Cathay's DM status), and I can't remember what happened to the other (but I recall it wasn't DM). They both faxed in their flight histories to CX.
They almost never comp DM, and GO is quite rare too, unless your AA history shows truly exorbitant travel or at least consistent travel with CX.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by CX HK
They almost never comp DM, and GO is quite rare too, unless your AA history shows truly exorbitant travel or at least consistent travel with CX.
If it's a useful reference point, I've been BA Emerald for many years and have been clocking up between 65k to 90k miles on CX flights for the past several years. CX Marco Polo asked for faxed copies of my travel history and politely regretted that they weren't able to comp me straight to CX Emerald/Diamond, but were fine with comping me to CX Sapphire/Gold.

I must say that they were very professional and apologetic about not providing a straight comp to Emerald/Diamond, and must have noted it in my file because on my first flight using my new CX Marco Polo number, the check-in lady said "Ah, Mr TMT, we would like to upgrade you on this flight". Unfortunately it was a 33B and I was already booked in J... oh well.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Too much travel
If it's a useful reference point, I've been BA Emerald for many years and have been clocking up between 65k to 90k miles on CX flights for the past several years. CX Marco Polo asked for faxed copies of my travel history and politely regretted that they weren't able to comp me straight to CX Emerald/Diamond, but were fine with comping me to CX Sapphire/Gold.

I must say that they were very professional and apologetic about not providing a straight comp to Emerald/Diamond, and must have noted it in my file because on my first flight using my new CX Marco Polo number, the check-in lady said "Ah, Mr TMT, we would like to upgrade you on this flight". Unfortunately it was a 33B and I was already booked in J... oh well.
Useful information for the future, thanks. Since you would have made GO anyways (but not DM) with the travel you were doing had you credited your flights to MPC, they really had no problem giving you the GO membership. And it just goes to show how much goes on behind the scenes at the MPC offices!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.