Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discuss your meal options here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by jrussell
I'm booked on CX 883 LAX-HKG in F which leaves at 11:35 pm. Does anyone know if First receives the full dinner menu (including caviar) or the reduced "supper" meal in First? Couldn't find any recent 883 menus.
Everything you get is a la carte. So you get everything as you wish at any time you wish.

Also, you can mix and match options and switch up the times and meal options ex: You can have breakfast for dinner and vice versa.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:41 am

Thanks maortega15. It's been a long time since I have flown CX F so was somewhat unsure of the current meal service. Sounds like I have no worries.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:55 pm

Does CX serve the shrimp quesadilla on either the DUS-HKG or HKG-JFK routes? I went through the CX F menu thread and couldn't find my flights.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I somehow missed this thread after my last CX TPACs.

Is this thread only for F meals or a J flyer meals welcome? (since there is no CX F to or from YYZ)

I will say that CX 829 had excellent cabin service, the dinner appetizer and dessert were fantastic, the main dish, well, the vegetables were fine. The breakfast was hit and miss - fantastic fresh squeezed o juice and superb croissants, but the hot dish was meh. Of course, also available were cereals and yogurt and the usual other options.

Yes, that’s French on the the cereal boxes. Welcome to Canada.

I have 4 CX flights coming up including the 2 TPAC. I’ll add those in when I’m back.
Attached Images      
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Breakfast CX 829
Attached Images       
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Question:

I've really enjoyed Book the Cook on all my SQ flights. I also had a nice selection of choices to pre-order on BR. AA and BA also have pre-order options.

Is there a reason CX does not offer it - at least on the long-hauls? Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:39 am

Does anyone know what menu CX383 in F uses? It's a night flight so don't want to get myself excited about the food options if they are limited.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:54 pm

I have a trip coming up in Cathay Business Class in December (LAX-HKG CX 881). I was debating on whether to just eat the regular meals or to try and order the special meal. Since the flight leaves so late (just after midnight), I was thinking of the fruit plate maybe. Anyone try it recently or recommend another special meal or the regular meal service?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:31 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
CX502 HKG-KIX (Oct 2016)

Originally Posted by royng
CX502 HKG-KIX 4:25PM departure (Oct 2016)

Refreshment

To start
Salmon saikyoyaki and mustard mayonnaise;
Mixed salad, artichoke and balsamic vinaigrette; and
Tounyu soba noodles

Followed by
Wok-fried prawns, ginger shallot soya sauce, asparagus, mixed vegetables and steamed jamine rice;
Grilled prime beef tenderloin, roasted vegetables, potatoes and Pommery sauce; or
Grilled salted chicken, Japanese tomato garlic sauce, mixed vegetables and steamed Japanese rice

And to finish
Cheese selection;
Fresh seasonal fruit
Haagen-Dazs Ice cream

Fresh brewed coffee and a selection of teas
This was my first time flying CX short-haul J. (Is HKG-KIX short haul?)

I was totally unimpressed by the catering. All three main choices were unexciting and the salted chicken was so tasteless that I did not finish. I am happy to trade NH's Y meal with CX J meal on HK-Japanese route.

Crew were impeccably fantastic though.

CX meal photos: Link
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Is any given posted menu the same menu for the entire month in J for that route? Is there any kind of rotation at all internationally?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 2:29 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Is any given posted menu the same menu for the entire month in J for that route? Is there any kind of rotation at all internationally?
The menu holds for the whole month. But flights that take off at different times of the day on the same route have different menus.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by sxc
The menu holds for the whole month. But flights that take off at different times of the day on the same route have different menus.
Thanks. The December F menus ORD/HKG were disappointing, especially the one coming back to the US. Strip steak in F, but filet mignon being served in J? The strip was tough and nearly inedible. Filet would have been a much better choice.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
how is J meals served? Same as economy, everyone at the same time? Is there any flexibility in when getting a meal , or are you just going to eat the snacks?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
how is J meals served? Same as economy, everyone at the same time? Is there any flexibility in when getting a meal , or are you just going to eat the snacks?
J is served from a cart - everyone at the same time. There is no flexibility except for the snacks.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kenneth Brickley
I have a trip coming up in Cathay Business Class in December (LAX-HKG CX 881). I was debating on whether to just eat the regular meals or to try and order the special meal. Since the flight leaves so late (just after midnight), I was thinking of the fruit plate maybe. Anyone try it recently or recommend another special meal or the regular meal service?
My exact dilemma, except my flight is a shorter regional flight from HKG-ICN. It will be my first time on CX, so not sure whether to order a full meal or just go for one of the lighter options. Plus this will be after pampering myself for 7 hours at the CX business lounges.

Considering I will be landing in ICN at like 6am when most restaurants will still be closed, I'm leaning towards a full meal (special if available). Will layoff the drinks and snacks closer to boarding so I make sure to have an appetite by the time I get on the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.