Discuss your meal options here

Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:13 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by seanp7
Yeah! Can't go back in time, so I'll enjoy the moment. Superb flight. ^
So true ^ & of course one does not get caviar, soup, fresh scrambled eggs, vintage champagne etc etc etc in J either. Some people just like to complain, & espouse what "the pack" say/do, rather than enjoying today's pleasures for what they are!@:-)
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Yeah until you find out that folks in Y+ and J has the same catering
umm- no!
Eg: Tried the J salad?

all of us on here know what cx catering is like- but they still do manage a reasonable bit of differentiation among the cabins!
(Making the ISM smuggled goodies from up front atleast a tad valuable when you’re in the back)
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
You think that was outstanding? You should have tried CX F five or ten years ago!
Originally Posted by NoY
Some people just like to complain, & espouse what "the pack" say/do, rather than enjoying today's pleasures for what they are!@:-)
I don't care about any "pack." My comment was based on flying CX F for either two or three roundtrips from BOS/JFK-BKK for seven or eight years starting around 2008. IMO, other than the bed, in which I sleep better than I do in my own bed at home, CX F is no longer an industry leader in F. In fact, I usually prefer to fly QR J on my route. It's cheaper (regardless of whether one is paying with cash or miles), and surpasses CX F in most regards.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:18 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I don't care about any "pack." My comment was based on flying CX F for either two or three roundtrips from BOS/JFK-BKK for seven or eight years starting around 2008. IMO, other than the bed, in which I sleep better than I do in my own bed at home, CX F is no longer an industry leader in F. In fact, I usually prefer to fly QR J on my route. It's cheaper (regardless of whether one is paying with cash or miles), and surpasses CX F in most regards.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
My friend have this question, is standard meal on HKG-TLV route Kosher, or he have to order special meal instead?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by antebellum
My friend have this question, is standard meal on HKG-TLV route Kosher, or he have to order special meal instead?
Order a special meal. Kosher meals are outsourced from what I understand.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:46 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Well according to CX's website:
* All meals on flights to and from Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Middle East and Pakistan are prepared according to the Halal method.
Maybe that needs updating now that TLV has been added?

(Although the major difference between Halal and Kosher seems to be the religion of the person who did the killing; otherwise the rules are pretty similar, and made perfect sense when living in a hot place in the days before refrigeration. These days...)
flubber, jagmeets and antebellum like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
No. KSML still has to be ordered for TLV route
antebellum likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
No. KSML still has to be ordered for TLV route
Thanks very much.
Although there was an article from CPCS (back in 2001) suggesting they have KSML kitchen in HKG, catering for EL AL flights only. CX may use the same kitchen for TLV flights?

Last edited by antebellum; Jul 9, 2019 at 5:57 pm
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by DragonSoul
Order a special meal. Kosher meals are outsourced from what I understand.
Quoting myself here... I was incorrect. CPCS has the main kitchen to prepare normal food, and then has two separate kitchens(!) for halal and kosher food. If they have to have kosher food then they have to order it.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
HNML meals on new CX J meal concept

If anybody was wondering what the HNML offerings looked like on CX's new dining concept for long-haul J, here is supper and brunch on HKG-SEA on 8/26/19:

Supper: Basmati rice, palak paneer, chicken masala (truly excellent!) with fake naan (i.e. unheated pita bread) on the side

Brunch: Upma, keema-aloo, egg bhurji (just okay) with real paratha on the side

Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:38 pm

I am flying CX in premium economy in a few weeks, Bos/ HKK/ BKK. Flight leaves Boston at 1:30 a.m. What might I expect for meals and their times? With the flight to Hong Kong being 16 hours, I’m just wondering!

Last edited by Barrheadlass; Sep 4, 2019 at 3:40 pm Reason: Typos
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by Barrheadlass
I am flying CX in premium economy in a few weeks, Bos/ HKK/ BKK. Flight leaves Boston at 1:30 a.m. What might I expect for meals and their times? With the flight to Hong Kong being 16 hours, I’m just wondering!
Usually a meal right after plane reaches past 10,000 feet, about 30 minutes after take off, then another meal approx 2 hours before landing. Your meal will be the same as economy, probably a chicken or beef choice.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:21 am

Thanks! Dinner at 2 a.m. and then a meal 10 hours later! I hope to be asleep most of that time.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:37 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by eagle215
Usually a meal right after plane reaches past 10,000 feet, about 30 minutes after take off, then another meal approx 2 hours before landing. Your meal will be the same as economy, probably a chicken or beef choice.
Premium economy meals are different to Economy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.