Discuss your meal options here

Old Feb 6, 18, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC
Thanks for sharing. I am flying CX F next month (my first F flight). Looking forward to the upgrade over the J meals!
Old Feb 13, 18, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT & 4.28 MM, QR PLT, SPG LT PLT
Originally Posted by Carfield View Post
February 2018
Cathay Pacific First Class
CX 811 Boston to Hong Kong

Snacks
Lobster roll
Does anyone have any photos of this F cabin lobster roll? If it's good, I'd much rather have it than than any of the other mains on this flight, and it's a route I fly a few times each year.
Old Mar 4, 18, 1:35 am

Hi, We're looking at taking CX893 from SFO to HKG leaving at 00:35 in business. Since this is so late, anyone have a menu of meals? I've heard "light meal" but don't know what that really means. Anyone been on that one yet in business class?

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 18, 2:50 am

Programs: MH, AC, AS
Originally Posted by atomz4peace View Post
Hi, We're looking at taking CX893 from SFO to HKG leaving at 00:35 in business. Since this is so late, anyone have a menu of meals? I've heard "light meal" but don't know what that really means. Anyone been on that one yet in business class?

Thanks!
Supper then breakfast, with (optional) snack in between. Refer to the previous menus, as it should be quite similar - dips, choice of 2 main courses, optional cheese and dessert.
Breakfast almost always consists of at least eggs and dim sum.
Old Mar 10, 18, 10:10 pm

Are the Chinese items generally better than the Western options?

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 18, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post

Supper then breakfast, with (optional) snack in between. Refer to the previous menus, as it should be quite similar - dips, choice of 2 main courses, optional cheese and dessert.
Breakfast almost always consists of at least eggs and dim sum.
i'm guessing that the 2:35am flight out of YVR (CX889) has the same service flow, right?

I'm planning on just going straight to sleep after TO. you think FA's will be able to serve me the dinner meal later in the flight? also, any idea how the special meals out of YVR are? I search the CX thread but didn't find much out of YVR.
Old Mar 28, 18, 5:12 pm

Programs: MH, AC, AS
Originally Posted by atcanobbio View Post
i'm guessing that the 2:35am flight out of YVR (CX889) has the same service flow, right?

I'm planning on just going straight to sleep after TO. you think FA's will be able to serve me the dinner meal later in the flight? also, any idea how the special meals out of YVR are? I search the CX thread but didn't find much out of YVR.
Yes, most if not all middle-of-the-night long haul departures have the same service flow.

In theory, dine on demand doesn't exist, but if you ask nicely the crew might be willing to do so.

What special meals are you considering? I recently had the Hindu meal ex-YVR which was a refreshing change but nothing outstanding.
Old Mar 28, 18, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post
Yes, most if not all middle-of-the-night long haul departures have the same service flow.

In theory, dine on demand doesn't exist, but if you ask nicely the crew might be willing to do so.

What special meals are you considering? I recently had the Hindu meal ex-YVR which was a refreshing change but nothing outstanding.
i really want to try the Hindu meal but I'm afraid it'll be too carb heavy. What did your Hindu meal consist of? I hope it wasn't fish! I do not do seafood/fish.

My other specials meals under consideration are the fruit meal or the vegetable raw meal . I'm the type that doesn't have a big meal after 6pm and I usually break my fast until 11am-12noon the next day, so that's why I'm considering either of those two light meals.
Old Apr 22, 18, 3:53 pm

Does CX offer full F menu on their HKG-HND route?
Old Apr 22, 18, 8:34 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by Gino Troian View Post
Does CX offer full F menu on their HKG-HND route?
There's menu for HKG-NRT v.v. in #3 and #4 , which I think is more or less what you get on the HKG-HND route.
Old Jun 11, 18, 12:16 am

Programs: CX MPC Gold, OZ Asiana Club, Hyatt DM
Originally Posted by watery View Post
There's menu for HKG-NRT v.v. in #3 and #4 , which I think is more or less what you get on the HKG-HND route.
Not true. Only breakfast service for CX548 - no Kaiseki offered.
Old Jun 22, 18, 5:02 am

Has Krug Vintage 2004 replaced Krug NV? Or is it just a "seasonal" variation?
On the flights that Taittinger Comtes de Champagne is not offered, that is.
Old Sep 10, 18, 8:15 pm

Carfield thanks for the august f menus. I am flying f ord/hkg in a week. I think the august menus may be what i get but I'm not sure of the menu rotation schedule.
Old Sep 10, 18, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
Does anyone have any photos of this F cabin lobster roll? If it's good, I'd much rather have it than than any of the other mains on this flight, and it's a route I fly a few times each year.
If you haven't tried it yet... I got it about 2 years ago (!) and it was fantastic. Having said, I tried all their snack and were all excellent, If you want to stay away from dinner I'd suggest start with the soup (snack) before going to sleep... it sits well.
Old Sep 19, 18, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hyatt Globalist
Has Krug disappeared???

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: