Discuss your meal options here

Old Oct 23, 17, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by ExpatExp View Post
Would someone be so kind as to post a recent F menu for JFK-YVR and YVR-JFK? Or if there's somewhere I could see an example… Flying both legs later this month.
JFK-YVR last week:

YVR-JFK last week:

Old Oct 25, 17, 10:31 am

Programs: CX MPO SL, IHG Spire, Hertz 5*, National Emerald Club
Don't know if it were documented here, but on TPE-HKG and v. v. where Y pax only get a burrito or similar, a friend of mine who recently tried to order KSML (Kosher Meal) was given a full meal made in England instead. Good option for those people who are looking for quantity and especially if lacking lounge access.

By the way, I flew RMQ-HKG and v. v. several times in Y recently and was surprised to find out that a full meal is given to everyone.

EDIT: I tried it at another time and a very unpleasant meal was offered on KA TPE-HKG, although it still has more quantity. See Cathay Pacific Special Meals

Last edited by ernestnywang; Feb 6, 18 at 12:24 pm Reason: Later a different experience was observed.
Old Jan 3, 18, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Flying 254 in F next week. Is the second meal breakfast? Swill look forward ot sharing the menu with Carfield for the f Menus thread...

Last edited by mentor of monty; Jan 3, 18 at 5:16 am Reason: wrong flight number
Old Jan 18, 18, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I just flew this morning’s CX811 BOS-HKG in J and they are still serving the November 2017 menu. The food was fine, but what gives?
Old Jan 18, 18, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by mentor of monty View Post
Flying 254 in F next week. Is the second meal breakfast? Swill look forward ot sharing the menu with Carfield for the f Menus thread...
Yes second meal is breakfast/brunch on CX 254, since it is still an overnight flight.

Carfield

PS. Feel free to email me the pictures of the menu and I will transcribe it.
Old Jan 19, 18, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite
From what I see here (and in the Y menus thread) it seems to me that on long haul flights there is always a vegetarian option for the main meal. Is it so? How about intra-asia flights, specifically HKG-SIN?
Old Jan 19, 18, 7:08 pm

Hi! First time flying PE MNL-HKG-KIX, is meal options for this flight same with Y class?
Old Jan 19, 18, 8:21 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA ExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Starriott Gold, GE
Originally Posted by abielp View Post
Hi! First time flying PE MNL-HKG-KIX, is meal options for this flight same with Y class?
​​​​​​​Unfortunately, yes they are the same.
abielp likes this.
Old Jan 19, 18, 8:29 pm

Programs: MH, AC, AS
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad View Post
From what I see here (and in the Y menus thread) it seems to me that on long haul flights there is always a vegetarian option for the main meal. Is it so? How about intra-asia flights, specifically HKG-SIN?
No, not for HKG-SIN. You’ll have to order a vegetarian special meal.
Old Jan 20, 18, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post

No, not for HKG-SIN. You’ll have to order a vegetarian special meal.
Cheers.
Old Jan 30, 18, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
I had the meal mentioned here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29301158-post10.html

The pork cutlet was rubbery, dry, inedible. Whoops. I chose poorly. I see what the board means about disliking CX J food.

The veggies were fine, the beef salad was fine, ice cream was tasty. Plus I had some dim sum in the lounge, so OK.
Old Feb 1, 18, 9:13 pm

Cafe de Paris sauce for vegetarians? That usually has Worcestershire sauce and anchovy fillets in it.
Old Feb 4, 18, 2:11 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA ExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Starriott Gold, GE
Here's another minor 'enhancement'. Menus are not printed in Japanese anymore.
Old Feb 6, 18, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang View Post
Don't know if it were documented here, but on TPE-HKG and v. v. where Y pax only get a burrito or similar, a friend of mine who recently tried to order KSML (Kosher Meal) was given a full meal made in England instead. Good option for those people who are looking for quantity and especially if lacking lounge access.

By the way, I flew RMQ-HKG and v. v. several times in Y recently and was surprised to find out that a full meal is given to everyone.
Does it also apply to flights with snack meals, i.e. red-eye NRT/KIX/SIN flight?
Old Feb 6, 18, 12:25 pm

Programs: CX MPO SL, IHG Spire, Hertz 5*, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by franco80k View Post
Does it also apply to flights with snack meals, i.e. red-eye NRT/KIX/SIN flight?
I tried it at another time and a very unpleasant meal was offered on KA TPE-HKG, although it still has more quantity. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1890353-cathay-pacific-special-meals.html#post29354405

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: