Discuss your meal options here

Old Mar 10, 16, 2:02 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA ExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Starriott Gold, GE
Originally Posted by Moomba View Post
In checking out the F menu thread I notice that CX841 JFK-HKG seems to serve Breakfast and Lunch or Lunch and Dinner.

Does this flight switch to lunch/dinner combo when the flight time changes from 09:00 to 10:00 after daylight savings begins?
Yes, I believe that's what makes the difference
Old Mar 11, 16, 2:52 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by G-CIVC View Post
Yes, I believe that's what makes the difference
Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Mar 14, 16, 5:47 am

What's the best source to find what meal(s) are included for a given CX/KA flight?
I've noticed that this is what it shows for my PNR on Mytripandmore.com (M) compared to classic.checkmytrip.com (C), are there other sites that can pull up a CX/KA PNR, I tried virtuallythere.com and it didn't work. I'll list only the entries that are different.

Flight CX873 SFO to HKG
(M) shows Breakfast while (C) shows Breakfast, Dinner

Flight CX870 HKG to SFO
(M) shows Lunch while (C) shows Lunch, Snack or Brunch
Old Mar 14, 16, 6:47 pm

Had a diabetic meal in J on CX268 (CDG-HKG) at the end of last month and it was awful and came complete with flimsy plastic cutlery that broke in use, it was so bad that I've cancelled the special meals on my return legs from Auckland (CX198 from AKL-HKG and CX 261 HKG-CDG) and will take my chances with the normal meals. Didn't order a special meal on the HKG-AKL leg (ANZ80/CX7401) but they did have a fish option which was great for me and was very good as was the wine selection.
Old Mar 14, 16, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Carfield View Post
No they don't have any snack options on medium haul flights.
Only the long haul flights to Europe/USA/New Zealand/some late night flights to Australia feature this snack option.

DXB is only seven to eight hours long, so no snack options... just the typical one hot meal and one light meal.

Carfield
I have a question on snack(s) on long-haul CX flights between SFO and HKG. Is snacks just served during a specific time when they roll the carts or is snacks the same as how the Australian airlines do it where they place things on the side of the galley like chips, soda and sandwiches and the passengers just take what they want anytime they want during the entire flight time but in CX's case, you have to ask the Flight Attendant to bring you what you want since on the CX website, this is what it says:
"Snacks on long-haul flights

We keep our galleys stocked with a variety of tasty treats, including noodle soup, chocolates, cookies, and fresh fruit. So the next time you are feeling a little peckish, just ask one of our flight attendants."

Does this mean you ask the FA at the galley or do you actually ask a FA while at your seat?

Last edited by vincepoy; Mar 14, 16 at 8:52 pm
Old Mar 14, 16, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by vincepoy View Post
I have a question on snack(s) on long-haul CX flights between SFO and HKG. Is snacks just served during a specific time when they roll the carts or is snacks the same as how the Australian airlines do it where they place things on the side of the galley like chips, soda and sandwiches and the passengers just take what they want anytime they want during the entire flight time but in CX's case, you have to ask the Flight Attendant to bring you what you want since on the CX website, this is what it says:
"Snacks on long-haul flights

We keep our galleys stocked with a variety of tasty treats, including noodle soup, chocolates, cookies, and fresh fruit. So the next time you are feeling a little peckish, just ask one of our flight attendants."

Does this mean you ask the FA at the galley or do you actually ask a FA while at your seat?
The galley is set up with crackers, nuts, crisps/chips, chocolates and some fruit. Just go up there and grab what you like. Ages ago on certain flights, Economy passengers would get a "snack bag" filled with a water bottle, a granola bar and an apple. I assume it was cut due to cost cutting.

For Business Class, noodle soup and burgers are available upon request. For Economy and Premium Economy, instant noodles are available upon request.
Old Mar 14, 16, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by maortega15 View Post
The galley is set up with crackers, nuts, crisps/chips, chocolates and some fruit. Just go up there and grab what you like. Ages ago on certain flights, Economy passengers would get a "snack bag" filled with a water bottle, a granola bar and an apple. I assume it was cut due to cost cutting.

For Business Class, noodle soup and burgers are available upon request. For Economy and Premium Economy, instant noodles are available upon request.
Thanks, we'll be in Economy. Wouldn't the snack bag actually cost less as it is given once compared to the passenger(s) going up there and grabbing what they like on more than one occasion throughout the flight? For the instant noodles, do you actually request it from the seat or do you actually do it when you are at the galley?
Old Mar 14, 16, 11:21 pm

Thanks, we'll be in Economy. Wouldn't the snack bag actually cost less as it is given once compared to the passenger(s) going up there and grabbing what they like on more than one occasion throughout the flight? For the instant noodles, do you actually request it from the seat or do you actually do it when you are at the galley?
I'm sure the snack bag with the water bottle adds some weight too.

For the noodles, just ask one of the cabin crew. Either flag them down once they pass by your seat or go up to them in the galley. They still have to pour hot water in it and let it "set" for a few minutes.

One of the regulars here IIRC bring their own cup noodles and just pour hot water when ready to eat. The noodles are ok but you have more variety and choice bringing your own.
Old Mar 15, 16, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by maortega15 View Post
I'm sure the snack bag with the water bottle adds some weight too.

For the noodles, just ask one of the cabin crew. Either flag them down once they pass by your seat or go up to them in the galley. They still have to pour hot water in it and let it "set" for a few minutes.

One of the regulars here IIRC bring their own cup noodles and just pour hot water when ready to eat. The noodles are ok but you have more variety and choice bringing your own.
Thanks for the info. I thought FA's don't like it if the people in Economy flags them down since coach passengers didn't really pay for the high level of service as those in Business or First Class so probably better to just tell them in the galley while one is there for the other snacks. Do they really serve ice cream as a snack like I read somewhere in this thread or is that only for Business/First Class passengers. When I was reading flyertalk, it seems everyone is flying Business or First Class so was wondering where all the Economy fliers are hiding.

Congratulations to the 2K post!
Old Mar 15, 16, 1:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Thanks, we'll be in Economy. Wouldn't the snack bag actually cost less as it is given once compared to the passenger(s) going up there and grabbing what they like on more than one occasion throughout the flight?
Nope, it would just be a huge waste as majority of the people will just throw it away or left rotting infront of their seats.
Old Mar 15, 16, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Daffie View Post
Nope, it would just be a huge waste as majority of the people will just throw it away or left rotting infront of their seats.
Good point since the snack pack will be given to every passenger while with the snack galley thing, only those interested will go grab it. The last time I went to HKG was in 1985 on PanAm which was right before PamAm sold their routes to UA I think. I don't remember they provided much to eat as reading FT makes it seems like CX actually provides more in meals.
Old Mar 28, 16, 10:50 am

Hello-

I will be flying on CX0899 EWR-HKG in J next month and selected seat 22A, which is part of the "mini-cabin" in the back of J. Since I only eat fish and poultry, am I at risk of having no meal options by the time it's my turn to order?

I thought about choosing a special no beef meal, but that doesn't rule out other meat I don't eat (such as pork). I also read one post about a special diabetic meal not comparing to regular meals. Does anybody else have experience with other special meals?
Old Mar 28, 16, 7:54 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA ExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Starriott Gold, GE
Originally Posted by mkt80 View Post
Hello-

I will be flying on CX0899 EWR-HKG in J next month and selected seat 22A, which is part of the "mini-cabin" in the back of J. Since I only eat fish and poultry, am I at risk of having no meal options by the time it's my turn to order?

I thought about choosing a special no beef meal, but that doesn't rule out other meat I don't eat (such as pork). I also read one post about a special diabetic meal not comparing to regular meals. Does anybody else have experience with other special meals?
If there is a beef option, it is more than likely to be the one that runs out...

You can always ask the SP (discreetly) when he/she comes around with the amenity kit and water bottle. I think they will be more than happy to oblige, especially if you have elite status.
Old Mar 29, 16, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mkt80 View Post
Hello-

There's always the vegetarian pasta if you dont mind, if they run out of the fish/salmon/curry duck option. Or order the SPML anyways, and if it's subpar...see if they have anything from the regular menu/snack menu remaining that fit your taste.
Old Apr 1, 16, 9:40 am

I'm booked on CX 883 LAX-HKG in F which leaves at 11:35 pm. Does anyone know if First receives the full dinner menu (including caviar) or the reduced "supper" meal in First? Couldn't find any recent 883 menus.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: