Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Double AM Promotion for Canadian Residents

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, HH Diamond, A-Club Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Shangri-la Jade, Intercon Gold Ambassador

Dates: 01 Feb 2009 - 30 Apr 2009

http://www.cathaypacific.ca/doubleam

For F and J class only

I don't live in Canada I HATE it when CX puts out these promotions with residential restrictions.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 8:53 am

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
I hated this also. I do not why they put such restriction. Do they only need more AM members in Canada?
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles, AAdvantage
I dont know why they put restriction on business and 1st classes?
Old Jan 17, 2009, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, HH Diamond, A-Club Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Shangri-la Jade, Intercon Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by Canadasiaflyer
I dont know why they put restriction on business and 1st classes?
.... because they generate more income than the economy pax.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:13 am

True enough. Even if they offered me triple the mileage on a return airfare to HKG I would still book the AA flight i got for $500 less. However if AC offered me double miles on economy vs CX flight...as much as I love to fly CX I would book the AC flight if there was not much difference in prices since both offer the yyz-hkg non-stop flight.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ACORD
.... because they generate more income than the economy pax.
Except CX's F/J pricing for the Canadian market is completely non-sensical. They actually charge higher price for the Canadian markets than do for the U.S. markets? It's not as though CX is the only carrier flies direct between HKG and Canada and CX's flights aren't exactly in a convenient time either. Not sure how many people like those 3AM departure out of HKG for YYZ.

I remember a few years ago, CX actually ran very good promos in Canada and the USA. That was before CX actively promoted AM in North America and where CX encouraged customers to credit CX flights to AAdvantage but with generous bonus for F/J. At the time, I remeber thinking how smart CX were. They limited those generous bonus to F/J, which was smart thing to do and back then, their in-flight products were leading their competition.

Anyway, CX has got some issues and I hope it doesn't cumulate into receivership or bankruptcy protection down the road if these losses continue.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Guava
CX's flights aren't exactly in a convenient time either. Not sure how many people like those 3AM departure out of HKG for YYZ.

My flight in Sept last year left on time at 4pm HK time...Did CX change this??? seems strange since there are a lot of Chinese people in Toronto. AC flight 16 leaves HK at 3:30pm. or did this change too?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Originally Posted by Canadasiaflyer
My flight in Sept last year left on time at 4pm HK time...Did CX change this??? seems strange since there are a lot of Chinese people in Toronto. AC flight 16 leaves HK at 3:30pm. or did this change too?
ac and cx's new schedule for hk to yyz departures (ie AC016 and CX 826) is 3:10 pm and 2:30 am respectively. for toronto to hkg departures (ie AC015 and CX 827) it's 10 am and 9:35am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.