Wiki Posts
Search

HK travel agency bankruptcy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2008, 4:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

HK travel agency bankruptcy

Hello everyone, while I know this isnt CX specific it is my first time dealing with a HK travel agency so I hope someone can help.

I booked a Korean Airline ticket from a travel agency in Hong Kong about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. It is called Aero Hong Kong. Anyway today I recieved a brief call from the travel agency telling me they went bankrupt and their accounts have been frozen. The lady wasnt to helpfull and pretty much hung up on me but told me to call the HK travel association and Korean Air Holidays to make sure my ticket has been "purchased" (even though the cash was deducted 2 weeks ago) Anyway I call the KAL office in Hong Kong and Seoul and they both told me that my ticket is fine. However in the past I have had people telliing me the ticket was "fine" till I showed up at the airport to find out it wasnt. However I do trust KAL and they even have seat assigments for me, meals and an E-Ticket #. Is there any reason for me to still worry or is there something I should be doing? Thanks a lot
Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
If KAL tell you it's fine and you have an e-ticket number then I think you should be OK. Surprised to hear about Aero Hong Kong though - they've been around and quite well known for a while.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 9:23 pm

Programs: CX DM / Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by christep
Surprised to hear about Aero Hong Kong though - they've been around and quite well known for a while.
I think there are more surprises coming our way post CNY
Old Dec 24, 2008, 1:05 am
Suspended

I would say pre CNY
Old Dec 24, 2008, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by hemz88
I think there are more surprises coming our way post CNY
Fully agree with this one.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Oh cr*p, I purchased a ticket from this TA and my miles haven't been credited yet!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 12:39 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
This is very bad news. I loved Aero HK, as they almost always had good consolidator fares for a route I frequently fly.
Sorry, no advice for the OP though.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 1:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Just to give everyone an update, I called KE and found out Aero called in a refund for my ticket but never got my permission for this and didnt give me any of the money either. I ended up having to pay for it myself through KE call center and I guess my only action to get my money back is to call the fraud dept at my Credit card?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 2:39 am

Programs: CX Diamond
oh..this cant be good.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by bundi404
Just to give everyone an update, I called KE and found out Aero called in a refund for my ticket but never got my permission for this and didnt give me any of the money either. I ended up having to pay for it myself through KE call center and I guess my only action to get my money back is to call the fraud dept at my Credit card?
Yup, just like what people did with Oasis and that's one of the major reason we all pay via credit card, of course it comes with the Credit card bonus points
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: Starwood, SQ PPS, BA EXEC
I just came accross this....Is Aero the company owned by a man named EDEN?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

To finsh up the story, called the CC company got my refund and booked the same flight with the KAL ticket office in HK, got pretty much the same rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.