Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-HKG in F Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2008, 9:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

SIN-HKG in F Class

Will be doing SIN-HKG later in the week in J Class and just wondering has anyone done ODU in SIN before?

I travelled in F before on this route (thanks to an opup) and really enjoyed the meal service and hence wanted to upgrade with my partner as she never experienced the new F Suites before.

For 25,000 miles is it good value (considering it is only 60,000 miles for JFK-HKG for J to F) and 20 hours is more than 3 * 3 Hours and you get no amneity kits, PJs, Duvets, mattress pads, Krug and Caviar.

But then again prob best ot burn the miles sooner than later before the next devaluation.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
If you're hungry and thirsty then I might go for it, but frankly if you're not going to make the most of the food and drink then it really isn't worth it for the environment alone - except, of course, that you will actually be able to talk to your partner during the journey, which you wouldn't be able to do comfortably in new J.

Personally, if it was my money/miles I'd do SIN-HKG in Y - it still gets the "proper" Y service that many shorter routes have lost (3 course meal, wine, etc), and if you're on a 74A then AVOD. Use the savings to buy two bottles of Krug and some caviar when you arrive in Hong Kong and enjoy them together when you get to your home or hotel. (PJs not required)
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:37 pm

Programs: CX GR, SPG/MR GE, Ritz Plat, Hilton S
Originally Posted by christep
If you're hungry and thirsty then I might go for it, but frankly if you're not going to make the most of the food and drink then it really isn't worth it for the environment alone - except, of course, that you will actually be able to talk to your partner during the journey, which you wouldn't be able to do comfortably in new J.

Personally, if it was my money/miles I'd do SIN-HKG in Y - it still gets the "proper" Y service that many shorter routes have lost (3 course meal, wine, etc), and if you're on a 74A then AVOD. Use the savings to buy two bottles of Krug and some caviar when you arrive in Hong Kong and enjoy them together when you get to your home or hotel. (PJs not required)
eprops to christep!^ There's actually no point for flying F for such a short route, unless you are under a very hectic schedule, or a lot of pressure right before or after your flight. But I think I'd go for SQ for SIN-HKG rather than paying Y for CX... There's another level of your attention comes first, and a standard AVOD system that SQ has been using for years which CX is still trying to catch up to.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 2:26 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
It looks like you won't have the choice for much longer.

From sometime later this year it appears that SIN-HKG route will no longer have any F flights.

Can anyone confirm if this is a seasonal or permanent change? Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere on here.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
I have not seen any F seats SIN-HKG through February. I used to regularly take the 1830 flight. Now just J.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 4:53 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by Moomba
It looks like you won't have the choice for much longer.

From sometime later this year it appears that SIN-HKG route will no longer have any F flights.

Can anyone confirm if this is a seasonal or permanent change? Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere on here.

Bummer. I always took 716 for the longhaul J / op-up to F likelihood.

If they convert 716 to regional J, I'm switching to SQ for travel between SIN / HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.