Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Transfer time at JFK from non OW flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2007, 9:26 am
Original Poster

I will be connecting from either a JetBlue or Delta flight from PWM to AA 6073 to HKG at JFK, and I was a bit worried about my connection.

Jet Blue 1601 and DL 5614 both leave PWM at 6 AM and arrive at JFK at 7:35.

AA 6073 leaves from T7 at 9 AM.

Given the 1.5 hour connection time, no checked baggage (large carry-on and one personal item) , and the need to make the AA flight:

1. Is this a viable travel plan?
2. Price not being a consideration, and the ability to make the AA flight to HKG being the priority, would you pick the Jet Blue or the DL flight?
3. I believe there is an elite security line at JFK T7, does it generaly move quickly?
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:57 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Eventhough your flight is labeled as AA6073 it is really operated by CX. AA has flights from T8 only .. while CX uses T7.

Look at tha AirTrain information for transfers within JFK http://www.kennedyairport.com/Commut...l/kennedy.html
Old Nov 27, 2007, 1:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The Cathay Pacific Asia Miles flyers will be more likely to provide replies, as at least some of them use JFK T-7. This thread will be relocated there. Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 2:32 pm

I would take B6.
B6 is at terminal 6 which is right next to Cathay's T7 terminal.
One stop on the airtrain if you take the Jamaica station or Howard beach train
I also found the B6 service is much more reliable than DL going to JFK.
Remember, T7 is a relative small terminal.
If you can online checkin, do it! Otherwise, if no delay,I think you'll be fine.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by halcyongolf
I will be connecting from either a JetBlue or Delta flight from PWM to AA 6073 to HKG at JFK, and I was a bit worried about my connection.

Given the 1.5 hour connection time, no checked baggage (large carry-on and one personal item) , and the need to make the AA flight:

2. Price not being a consideration, and the ability to make the AA flight to HKG being the priority, would you pick the Jet Blue or the DL flight?
3. I believe there is an elite security line at JFK T7, does it generaly move quickly?

Comment deleted
Old Dec 1, 2007, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by halcyongolf

Trying hard not to be negative but I believe the Delta flight from PWM is provided by MESA airlines. I would factor this into my decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.