Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

UOB "Inifinte" VISA Black Card - Best Asia Miles for VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UOB "Inifinte" VISA Black Card - Best Asia Miles for VISA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
Question

is the promotion for adding secondary card members still ongoing? Also, was just wondering if you don't pay the annual fee and add secondary card users, are you eligible for those bonus? cheers
Old Jan 7, 2008, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
Yes, the suppl promo for extra asiamiles bonus is still going on. If you don't pay the annual fee, you will NOT get the 60,000 AM bonus, but still can enjoy the supp card AM bonus.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by cardiology
Yes, the suppl promo for extra asiamiles bonus is still going on. If you don't pay the annual fee, you will NOT get the 60,000 AM bonus, but still can enjoy the supp card AM bonus.
cheers thanks for helping send out an application cardiology
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
some updates after my call to them on Sunday - now the service seems to be more in line with what I expected
  • got a call back on Monday answering my questions - although, attitude/service-level-wise for the person who called back, there's some room for improvement...she rushed to give me the answers to my questions (where's the 2008 benefits, why 2-week delay), then just wanted to say bye and hang up...didn't even say something like "do you have any further questions", "feel free to call us again if you need anything else", etc - really nothing, just wanted to say bye - I'm in a service industry myself so I'm quite conscious about this
  • the 2-week delay in card delivery was due to the delay in getting the Priority Pass card (I'm not sure if I completely buy this argument because the original promised date was Dec 21, before Christmas, so unless Priority Pass company closed for holiday much earlier than others; and it's not the first time they issue cards with them, so they should know the lead time needed; anyway, good enough at least they give me a reason)
  • the 2008 benefits book will be available by Jan 15 - that's good enough too
  • the 2007 benefits book was nonetheless still sent to me per my request, and I received it yesterday (Tue) already as well - it's quite a nicely produced small book with clear details of the benefits - so now I have a good base to compare the new 2008 benefits with...
  • local HKD 6 spending = 1 mile and overseas HKD 4 spending = 1 mile were indeed the "normal" ongoing feature of the card last year, as described in the 2007 benefits book, too bad it's changed this year
  • but of course as expected the "mileage buying" part is more of a promo and so not listed in this 2007 benefits book
Old Jan 9, 2008, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
Hope that the "mileage buying" promo will come soon. I am looking forward ot buying some AMs for business redemption.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:25 am

Does anyone have the website showing Langham breakfast etc?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:51 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I logged into the Inifintite Visa website today. The benefits this year are use of the Kowloon Shangrila health club once per month, and breakfast and use of Hong Lok Yuen Country Club once per month.

No mention of Langham or Four Seasons.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 7:33 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
in fact, the Langham breakfast was never shown on the Visa Infinite website either even before the 2008 version kicked in...on the 2007 version, there's Four Seasons, but not Langham either...and it's not on the UOB-specific 2007 benefit booklet either, or the 2008 one...
Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:20 pm

Then how is anyone to find out about breakfasts at Four Seasons, Langham's etc?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

My supp card bonus points are credited.
Are you?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 11:48 pm

oh, few things.

got my 2008 membership booklet, along with a quarter 1 newsletter. nothing out of the ordinary that has not already been reported here in the booklet.

however, just tried calling my "relationship manager" (i.e. got a card with the name of three people and a number), at the end of the phone, the person didn't speak English. Not much used to me.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:14 am

Programs: CX DM / Marriott LT Titanium
try calling Ada Suen 2209 3105 - she speaks English
Old Jan 24, 2008, 7:37 am

New mileage reward count:
$8 local spending for 1 AM
$6 overseas for 1 AM...
this card is getting less and less appeal.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 8:26 pm

Programs: CX DM / Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jerelee
New mileage reward count:
$8 local spending for 1 AM
$6 overseas for 1 AM...
this card is getting less and less appeal.
isn't that the same as the CX Citibank Visa? at least you still get to buy the 60K for HK$6380 plsu bonus 20K for refferals
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:14 pm

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
just remember that the 20k extra is in points and not in miles. 12 points = 1 mile.

and yes its the same as citibank visa... without the miles purchase offer , this card is pretty mediocre..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.