Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How do you feel about infants in Business Class ?

How do you feel about infants in Business Class ?

Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:28 pm

If they are my kids, they are the most perfect angels ever to take flight, a joy to be with, and the rest of the cabin are bless'd to be in their presence. If they cry, 'tis just something you have to put up with for this priviledge

If they are some one else's infants, grinding them up in the inflight garbage disposal unit is the correct course of action.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by peasant
If they are my kids, they are the most perfect angels ever to take flight, a joy to be with, and the rest of the cabin are bless'd to be in their presence. If they cry, 'tis just something you have to put up with for this priviledge

If they are some one else's infants, grinding them up in the inflight garbage disposal unit is the correct course of action.
People always say "treat others the way you would like to be treated". In this case, I'm sure your kids will have some fun in the inflight garbage disposal unit.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 12:18 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by peasant

Originally Posted by b-hqb
People always say "treat others the way you would like to be treated". In this case, I'm sure your kids will have some fun in the inflight garbage disposal unit.
I guess peasant was only kidding
Old Dec 1, 2007, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
think that about sums it up. those with kids seem to think that they have the right to impose them on those of us that don't. personally, i'd pay to fly on a child-free airline.
Agreed, on all counts. I wish there were child-free airlines.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by chuckd
Agreed, on all counts. I wish there were child-free airlines.
Am I the only person who's happy to sprinkle ritulin on the kids meals?
Old Dec 1, 2007, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by moocherx
Am I the only person who's happy to sprinkle ritulin on the kids meals?
This is not the thing to be joking around about. MPH is a prescription medication that can cause cardiac arrest in certain at-risk children.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by B-HQC
This is not the thing to be joking around about. MPH is a prescription medication that can cause cardiac arrest in certain at-risk children.
Screaming kids running around business and first cabins can cause cardiac arrest in at-risk passengers.

Suggest an alternative.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Alternative

Screaming kids running around business and first cabins can cause cardiac arrest in at-risk passengers.

Suggest an alternative.
Babies and young children should either be checked with luggage or placed in special sound-proof containers and stowed in overhead racks. I much prefer the first solution as overhead space is already scarce. I find that having baby-free flights should be much more important than smoke-free cabins.

Readers who think I am joking do this of their own assumption
Old Dec 2, 2007, 12:04 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
I don't think that, because I don't know that. I'm only hoping you are.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
Babies and young children should either be checked with luggage or placed in special sound-proof containers and stowed in overhead racks. I much prefer the first solution as overhead space is already scarce. I find that having baby-free flights should be much more important than smoke-free cabins.

Seems to me that some people posting here need to be put in boxes themselves, because they're acting like young children desperate to get their own way.

Babies and young children are human too.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 1:45 am

To be honest, there is a simple solution. Just as they used to have smoking sections down the back of the aircraft, they really could assign passengers with infants into this area, preferably behind some kind of curtained screen to dampen the noise.

It seems a fair compromise.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 2:07 am

To be honest, there is a simple solution. Just as they used to have smoking sections down the back of the aircraft, they really could assign passengers with infants into this area, preferably behind some kind of curtained screen to dampen the noise.

It seems a fair compromise.
Yes, but which airline would want to forgo revenue from paying pax for the 'children's space'?
Old Dec 2, 2007, 2:59 am

Suggest an alternative.
Grow up.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:34 pm

Programs: CX, BA
If you want a child free experience in First/Biz then try these alternatives:

- Buy or hire a private jet
- Book out the entire First/Biz cabin
- Buy your own airline and introduce a no child policy in premium cabins

I've been taking my child in premium cabins since she was 6 months and I can say that on 95% of the 30+ flights she's been on in the past 4 years, she's been better behaved (i.e. quieter and less demanding) then many of her fellow passengers.

Incidentally, I will be taking her to LHR (in CX business) over the xmas period and one of the flights is in the not so child friendly 74A. Any "pro-child in premium cabin" fellow FT's that know if there 2 seats in the 74A that are just abit more child friendly based on experience?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.