Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cx op up question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2007, 5:33 pm

Programs: CATHAY PACIFIC - MARCO POLO CLUB
i m not sure if this is true, but my CX frd told me that, if staff being upgraded to one class up, the original class meal may be served instead of the upgraded class..
Old Oct 19, 2007, 6:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by krisflyer
i m not sure if this is true, but my CX frd told me that, if staff being upgraded to one class up, the original class meal may be served instead of the upgraded class..
I've had both situations when being upgraded from J to F - where you get a J meal and where you get an F meal. I think the difference has been that when there are passengers who have paid for F they serve everyone F food. But I have travelled when there have been no paid F passengers so they upgrade a lot of J passengers but only give them J food. But it's still a pleasant experience either way

I'm sad that CX has changed its upgrade priority, I enjoyed being upgraded
Old Oct 19, 2007, 7:56 pm

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Originally Posted by thedavebloke
I've had both situations when being upgraded from J to F - where you get a J meal and where you get an F meal.
Were you on a flight where it was a 3-class plane sold as 2-class and they had to put some J pax in the F cabin?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 8:20 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Hilton Honors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I forget if this was asked already, but real quickly, does check-in time play a role in op-ups? As in, if I were the first CX gold to check in 48 hours before, I'd be ahead of other CX Golds in the op-up priority? I know some airlines do that, but I'm not sure about CX.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kchika
Were you on a flight where it was a 3-class plane sold as 2-class and they had to put some J pax in the F cabin?
I was travelling on 1 Jan so the three class plane was empty up front. But there was space for me in F when I boarded

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.