FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Got a little annoyed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/707441-got-little-annoyed.html)

CX100Silver Jun 24, 2007 11:04 pm

Got a little annoyed

Hi all,

I am CX MPC Gold and gf is Silver, so one Sapphaire and one Ruby. Just had very short return flights with JAL SIN-KUL-SIN on JL721 and JL722.

Got annoyed a little on lack of training or coordination between OW and newly joined member JAL.

1) Although pretty short flight, I wanted to do ASR anyway. Rang JAL reservation, they said the seatmap is not open for ASR. So, could not do ASR...

2) Check in SIN-KUL. JAL lady could not even recognise the simple "OW logo and the sapphaire colour" on MPC card. So, did not put priority baggage tag on check in bags, then pressed the button, the bags had gone onto the belt and "bye-bye" bags. She did not give me the lounge voucher for me and my gf until I asked (and she had to double check with manager if I can have lounge pass with MPC Gold).

3) Check in KUL-SIN. The lady recognised MPC Gold = OW Sapphaire, which is nice. Sticked the prioirity baggage tags on my checked bags, which is good. Then, the lady said she can only offer 1 lounge pass for myself, because Sapphair can bring NO guest, only Emerald can bring 1 guest.

These are little things only and I'm certainly not angry about it. Just got a little annoyed...

I mean, how difficult is it to understand the OW logo and the colour of Red, Blue or Green on OW frequent flyer card??? God knows...

christep Jun 24, 2007 11:19 pm

Clearly the OneWorld site states that you should have been able to take a guest into the J lounge at KUL.

However, I see nothing on the site which indicates "priority Baggage handling by OneWorld status". Could you direct us to the appropriate page?

cxfan1960 Jun 25, 2007 12:01 am

One OW Sapphire lounge access card (or MPC Gold + BPs) should get both of you in the lounge. There are also other OW lounges in SIN and KUL. JAL lounges are not the only choice.

CX100Silver Jun 25, 2007 6:34 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960 (Post 7953127)
There are also other OW lounges in SIN and KUL. JAL lounges are not the only choice.

Hi, actually there is only CX lounge in KL now. The QF/BA lounge which was beside CX lounge had closed down and now occupied by Emirates.

Dave Marsh Jun 25, 2007 7:37 am

Originally Posted by CX100Silver (Post 7953810)
Hi, actually there is only CX lounge in KL now. The QF/BA lounge which was beside CX lounge had closed down and now occupied by Emirates.

If it is the CX lounge then you should've just shown up and I am sure they will know the access rights of their own members!

CX100Silver Jun 25, 2007 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Dave Marsh (Post 7954064)
If it is the CX lounge then you should've just shown up and I am sure they will know the access rights of their own members!

Yes, that was what I did in KUL. I didn't argue with the check in agent and just went to CX lounge directly, shown them the card and they allowed me and guest in with no question asked... :)

Dave Marsh Jun 25, 2007 9:00 am

Originally Posted by CX100Silver (Post 7954219)
Yes, that was what I did in KUL. I didn't argue with the check in agent and just went to CX lounge directly, shown them the card and they allowed me and guest in with no question asked... :)

So as I understand it right it is JL that is stuffing around which is consistent with the numerous reports of them not honouring Oneworld benefits.

jjpb3 Jun 25, 2007 11:41 am

Annoyed by the fact that priority luggage handling isn't a OW benefit? Tsk tsk. You've been spoiled by CX (as have I). :p ;)

cxfan1960 Jun 25, 2007 12:21 pm

In some other airports, priority may not mean much - luggage does not really come out in the order of priority, priority luggage (and MPC luggage tags too) can get broken...

In HKG, for CX/KA, priority is honoured. Sometimes I found my luggage coming out by itself - like special delivery.

I am also spoiled by CX.

Keith009 Jun 25, 2007 12:28 pm

If it's any comfort - priority baggage handling isn't even a perk of my elite tier on AAnother AAirline. Have got it on one or two occasions though but I was assured that it's a rare exception.

Ironically I've received priority baggage tags on other oneworld carriers like QF, BA and CX.

jjpb3 Jun 25, 2007 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by cxfan1960 (Post 7955633)
In HKG, for CX/KA, priority is honoured. Sometimes I found my luggage coming out by itself - like special delivery.

I am also spoiled by CX.

Amazingly, CX priority luggage handling works at LHR too, at least in my experience. That explains why, when flying to Asia, I prefer flying CX to BA, and yes, why I do think I've been spoiled by quality airlines like CX. :)

77W_12A Jun 25, 2007 6:51 pm

I've had my luggage tagged priority with AA, and on a few occasions, they've come out next to last! Only time it has worked was on flights to and from NRT. LA and CX have both been very good about priority tagged luggage.

Ann Tyrol Jun 25, 2007 8:47 pm

Last time I was there (about 2 months ago) the KUL lounge had a large sheet at the entrance showing a table where you could check whether access for you and/or guest was permitted simply by lining up your OW / MPC status and the class you were travelling that day. Very handy, although the lounge itself is nothing to write home about. The hot food was a handful of satay sticks, a few dry sandwiches and very little else other than some cheap spirits and a bunch of - admittedly comfortable - chairs. The staff there, although friendly, had the annoying habit of sitting on the counter table in reception and chatting to each other.

cxfan1960 Jun 25, 2007 9:43 pm

My recent experience with luggage (within the last month or so):
* AA - They did not tag priority when we checked in, but our bags came out early, probably because we were on connecting flights.
* CX in HKG - Came out early as expected.
* KA In HKG - In a 2-class flight, my checked luggage came out by itself, possibly because I was the only DM with checked luggage.
* CX in SFO - After about 30 odd-size bags, my bag came out!!

trekkie Jun 26, 2007 11:20 am

Originally Posted by CX100Silver (Post 7953014)
Hi all,

2) Check in SIN-KUL. JAL lady could not even recognise the simple "OW logo and the sapphaire colour" on MPC card. So, did not put priority baggage tag on check in bags, then pressed the button, the bags had gone onto the belt and "bye-bye" bags. She did not give me the lounge voucher for me and my gf until I asked (and she had to double check with manager if I can have lounge pass with MPC Gold).

I mean, how difficult is it to understand the OW logo and the colour of Red, Blue or Green on OW frequent flyer card??? God knows...

At SIN, its more of a culture thing. When taking United, the check-in agents always seem to stinge on the gold coloured cards and have even prevented or make it difficult for me to communicate with a United Airlines Employee.