Wiki Posts
Search

Status match semi success

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2007, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Status match semi success

Hi

Just want to report my semi success re MPC status match.

I'm presently a BA Gold (gold expiring in September) and have moved to HK.

Anyway queried with MPC about a status match. They wanted to see a copy of my gold card and my last 12 months flying pattern (which was mainly a mix of cheapo econ and business LGW-JER flights with a few long hauls but all in el cheapo econ).

Anyway MPC have come back saying they will give me silver membership and waive the HK$50.00 joining fee.

Naturally disappointed I didn't get a higher staus, but then again I don't fly premium as much as others. I reckon if I could show that I flew more premium and more regularly on my BA card, then I would have got a higher MPC status (but then again I could be wrong!!)

Anyway hope this is of help to someone.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:59 pm

Programs: CX DM, AA Plat Pro, SQ Gold, EK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Hi, wouldn't it be in your interest to stay with BA EC Gold, while earning Asia Miles (keep earning tier points with BA, and earning award miles with CX)? You can do this by changing your address on BA's file to HK and notify them you want to earn Asia Miles. That way, you dont have to start from scratch or ask for a status match. BA Gold is equivalent to CX DM on OneWorld.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 8:02 pm

Not really since with BAEC he wouldn't be getting anywhere with cheepo econ, especially in Asia.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by B-HQC
Not really since with BAEC he wouldn't be getting anywhere with cheepo econ, especially in Asia.
He'll get the miles. Just not the status points.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 1:50 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Originally Posted by theworld
Hi

Just want to report my semi success re MPC status match.

I'm presently a BA Gold (gold expiring in September) and have moved to HK.

Anyway queried with MPC about a status match. They wanted to see a copy of my gold card and my last 12 months flying pattern (which was mainly a mix of cheapo econ and business LGW-JER flights with a few long hauls but all in el cheapo econ).

Anyway MPC have come back saying they will give me silver membership and waive the HK$50.00 joining fee.

Naturally disappointed I didn't get a higher staus, but then again I don't fly premium as much as others. I reckon if I could show that I flew more premium and more regularly on my BA card, then I would have got a higher MPC status (but then again I could be wrong!!)

Anyway hope this is of help to someone.

How long did it take for them to process the request?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DKNYSprt95
How long did it take for them to process the request?
I sent my request email on 15 March, they responded the next day asking me to supply them with my 12 month statement and copy of my gold card.

I supplied this info on 21 March and they responded re my silver status on 23 March. I need to fill out a fax back form now (which I haven't got round to doing).
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by theworld
I sent my request email on 15 March, they responded the next day asking me to supply them with my 12 month statement and copy of my gold card.

I supplied this info on 21 March and they responded re my silver status on 23 March. I need to fill out a fax back form now (which I haven't got round to doing).
Wow, I'm quite impressed at this efficiency.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.