Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cx Bkk-sin

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Hi everyone, sorry to bump this thread but I was wondering if you could tell me the check in time limit in BKK. The app tells me 11am but the departure is 12.45am. Is that accurate?

Thanks

​​​​
Unless there is an earlier flight overlapping between 0945 and 1245 don't bet your last Baht in BKK at CX being at the check-in 3 hours before a flight.
Two hours for sure but I've left for HKG on the 4:00 flight and they were not there at 1:00. Then they arrived en masse like the Thunderbirds around 1:30.
Once they were there due to a much earlier flight being late which they kindly put me on since it was earlier than my 4:00 and I got to sit in the bump area on top of a 747. Barring that I doubt they'd have been there Johnny-on-the-spot 3 hours earlier.
Did you mean a flight 13 hours after 11 am? Which is when 1245am is. I suppose you could check in at 11 am for a flight that much later if they were open for flights closer to 11am but I am not sure I would leave them to lose my bags for 13 hours in BKK.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Delete
kaffir76 likes this.

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 23, 2018 at 3:08 pm
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jeff_
​​​​​​ Hi, sorry I wrote to quickly as I was a bit stressed.
My flight is scheduled at 12.45pm and I wanted to arrive 90min early (I was in bkk city center so an hour from the airport) . But then when I checked the app this morning I got the message H:MM until check in close which was at 11am. I would not bat an eye if it was not a 5th freedom flight.
Anyway I did not take the risk and the app was actually wrong.
Check in close 40m before departure as stated on the website.
Thank you all
​​​​​
Glad u made it, & that's good to know as I'll be in BKK next weekend
I'd always get to the airport at least 60 min. before departure & I think that's a generally safe rule to follow.
Some airlines such as MH & SQ at certain airports like KUL & HKT apply the 40 min. cut off time but SQ @ SIN is pretty strict with it being 60 min.
But I think in general most airlines follow the 60 min. cut off rule.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Question

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
According to https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...l-airport.html, you can check in 3 hours ahead. However, I don't assume information from the App or Website is always correct.

[mod_hat_on]
I do appreciate very much you did a search before asking, but reviving a 11-year old thread may not be necessary.
Sometimes people reply to posts without paying attention to the age of the thread. ^

cxfan1960
CX CoMod
[mod_hat_off]
I'm curious, and I don't mean to be rude but should he have started a new thread instead?
I ask because on some other boards, the members will get chided (usually by other members & sometimes the Mod's) for not doing a search prior to creating a new thread.
And then they'd point out that there are at least 3 other thread on the same topic etc.
I was under the impression to always do a search & to post in an existing thread especially if the topic is still relevant.
Thanks.
kaka likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.