Confirmed Standby

Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Confirmed Standby

I'm flying CX for the first time next week NRT-HKG, and looking at the schedule again now, I think I'd prefer to take the next later flight out of HKG on the return...

Will CX do sameday confirmed standby like AA does if there's capacity available? I did a search, and didn't see anything so I'm not taking that as a great sign

Thanks,

Alex
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:40 pm

Why don't you just change your booking to the later flight?

If you can't do that, and no show for your flight, you may be subjected to penalities listed in the fare rules of your t icket.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B-HQC
Why don't you just change your booking to the later flight?

If you can't do that, and no show for your flight, you may be subjected to penalities listed in the fare rules of your t icket.
I'm trying to avoid having to pay the change fee, which I think now would be quite large as the fare has gone up considerably since I bought my ticket.

I'm definitely not going to intentionaly miss my flight to see what would happen, but I guess I'll try giving them a call the morning of to see if they'll let me take the later flight.

Alex
Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
If you ticket is changeable at all then what it would cost to buy it now is irrelevant - the change fee is whatever it was defined to be at the point you bought the ticket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.