Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Accumulating points from other passengers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2006, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to accumulate points from other passengers, ie: i am buying a ticket for my mom and dad to HKG. Can their miles go onto my own Asia Miles account? and Can I earn flight status towards Marco Polo Club?

thanks..
Old Sep 12, 2006, 7:32 am

I don't think you can do it officially. However, I learnt that some closely related families with similar name, eg father and son, brothers, do share same card. So, they fly up tiers relatively quickly..
Old Sep 12, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer Gold / Hilton Hhonour Diamond / Starwood SPG Gold / CX Former Gold, now Green
Originally Posted by sor_bbear
I don't think you can do it officially. However, I learnt that some closely related families with similar name, eg father and son, brothers, do share same card. So, they fly up tiers relatively quickly..
Wouldn't the computer picks up the name then? With the name of "Peter Chan" on the ticket, but "Pete Chen" on Mcaro Polo membership system...?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 7:38 pm

Programs: CX DM

I don't think it is possible because MPC have your passpost number.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 9:46 pm

Certainly, there are few blocks to run through.. as you all mentioned, name, passport number, date of birth.. etc. In fact, few cases were reported.

There was even a case that brothers use the same e-ticket to fly - both in similar name (maybe same spelling in english). Elder brother flew the earlier flight than booked and younger brother turned up at check-in for the booked and ticketed flight. As he have the same name as ticketed in the system, CX can only let him fly. (** Passport details was not required at booking for this desintation)
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:08 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer Gold / Hilton Hhonour Diamond / Starwood SPG Gold / CX Former Gold, now Green
There was even a case that brothers use the same e-ticket to fly - both in similar name (maybe same spelling in english). Elder brother flew the earlier flight than booked and younger brother turned up at check-in for the booked and ticketed flight. As he have the same name as ticketed in the system, CX can only let him fly. (** Passport details was not required at booking for this desintation)
Can't CX check in agent tell if the ticket had been used already or not? They should have a whole pack of evidence... Such as the passport number of the elder brother, the full name list of the the elder brother takes, the baggage info etc etc... It's just like checking the history of the booking reference wouldn't it?
Old Sep 13, 2006, 7:37 am

The system certainly does. However, the younger brother keep on saying that "he" has not travelled and have no idea why CX saying that the ticket is utilized... I don't think CX can denie him if he show them his credit card slip or somthing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.