Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limousine service for F-passengers?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK, the limo service is only applicable to those who have booked a "revenue" first class ticket (i.e. F or A class) and has never been valid for any business class bookings. Last time I used the limo service was back in September 2008 arriving from CX251 in an "A" class ticket purchased through my TA.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
AFAIK, the limo service is only applicable to those who have booked a "revenue" first class ticket (i.e. F or A class) and has never been valid for any business class bookings. Last time I used the limo service was back in September 2008 arriving from CX251 in an "A" class ticket purchased through my TA.
the msg christep posted a few yers ago and my email from CX UK says full J is also ok... (since full J rev sometime> A rev, this would make sense)
Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recalled several days prior to taking that flight, I called the London office to verify my eligibility and prior to pulling out my reservation the agent automatically made it clear to me from the get go that only First Class passengers on booking classes A or F are eligible for that limo service. After she pulled out my record locator did she confirm me to be eligible for this service. So if J fares are indeed eligible, then I take it that the agent whom I spoke to at that time was partially correct and partially incorrect. Not that her information affected my case since as I mentioned earlier I was booked in "A".
Old Jan 12, 2011, 4:53 am
Suspended

I recalled several days prior to taking that flight, I called the London office to verify my eligibility and prior to pulling out my reservation the agent automatically made it clear to me from the get go that only First Class passengers on booking classes A or F are eligible for that limo service. After she pulled out my record locator did she confirm me to be eligible for this service. So if J fares are indeed eligible, then I take it that the agent whom I spoke to at that time was partially correct and partially incorrect. Not that her information affected my case since as I mentioned earlier I was booked in "A".
did you tell him you're flying in first?... cuz my email explicitly says J only in biz...
Dear Kaka

Thank you for your email.

Cathay do have a limo service,however there are only certain tickets
that qualify for this.

These are full published fares purchased in F and J class.

The airline sells various fares and in business class these are J/C/D/I
booking classes.

The only qualifying fare in business class is J.The ticket you hold is
I class,and unfortunately this will not qualify for the limo service.
Wishing you a pleasant journey.

Kind Regards

CX/Customer Services
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaka
did you tell him you're flying in first?
When the agent picked up the phone, I told her I was calling to inquire about the limo service. But before I even had a chance to inform her I was a F pax, she just cut me off immediately by saying the service is only eligible for paid first class pax in A or F booking class. Was only after she stopped rambling did I have the opportunity to let her know I was a paid F customer and to pull out my booking. Needless to say, she wasn't too interested in assisting me.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
I have HKG-LHR-JFK full fare F on AA ticket where HKG-LHR is a CX flight and on CX flight number and LHR-JFK on AA. I have a stop over in London and was requesting a limo transfer from LHR to London from CX UK office. Answer was simple NO because my tickets are from AA. Is this really the truth or is CX trying to push responsibiliets to others?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Do they have this service in HKG? Because I have an A inbound to HKG but a J outbound since its only a 2 class a/c.

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by General_Flyer; Jun 18, 2011 at 3:22 am
Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:11 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Anselmi
I have HKG-LHR-JFK full fare F on AA ticket where HKG-LHR is a CX flight and on CX flight number and LHR-JFK on AA. ...
The limo offer was always for a CX departure from LHR, so your AA flight does not qualify. I think it always had to be a CX-issued ticket so CX had access to the fare basis (to ensure you were on a qualifying fare). Never used it for LHR arrival, don't know if it was ever offered inbound.

Out of curiousity, why in the world would you be flying AA instead of BA LHR-JFK? The BA F service is miles ahead of AA on this route, it is no contest esp. comparing T5 CR to T3 lounge facilities. Or is "full F" on AA half the price of BA?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:12 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by General_Flyer
Do they have this service in HKG? Because I have an A inbound to HKG but a J outbound since its only a 2 class a/c.

Thanks a bunch!
Never offered in HKG ... you have to fly EK F for that.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Anselmi
I have HKG-LHR-JFK full fare F on AA ticket where HKG-LHR is a CX flight and on CX flight number and LHR-JFK on AA. I have a stop over in London and was requesting a limo transfer from LHR to London from CX UK office. Answer was simple NO because my tickets are from AA. Is this really the truth or is CX trying to push responsibiliets to others?
Just book your own car anyway...probably easier. I've never once asked for a car when flying F on CX, didn't even think it was a possibility.

And out of curiosity, as asked above, why on earth would you fly LHR-JFK on AA? The BA schedule is so much more flexible, and the product/service definitely superior.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
And out of curiosity, as asked above, why on earth would you fly LHR-JFK on AA? The BA schedule is so much more flexible, and the product/service definitely superior.
Good question but money talks. AA price is quarter of BA so not difficult to choose. Anyway this will the first time on CX and AA first for me. BA First except NF is very familiar to me. Sometimes it is good to try something new and maybe not so good products to be able to value e.g. BA First again. But lately AA business has got a good reviews from regular BA travellers so I might even be suprised on AA. Never know Anyway I'm really waiting for CX F!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by number_6
Never offered in HKG ... you have to fly EK F for that.
Ah, ok.. Thanks! Kind of odd though if they don't have it ex-HKG.. But who am I to judge..
Old Jun 18, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
Originally Posted by General_Flyer
Ah, ok.. Thanks! Kind of odd though if they don't have it ex-HKG.. But who am I to judge..
If they did I think there would be a permanent traffic jam on the road to the airport :-)
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by mdevans
If they did I think there would be a permanent traffic jam on the road to the airport :-)
That could indeed be a problem.. Unless they offer helicopter transfer instead..
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:39 pm
Suspended

FYI, Arrivals they do pick up. (my folks have done HKG-LHR-HKG in A and had transfers both ways )

and no, no nothing in HKG.
When the agent picked up the phone, I told her I was calling to inquire about the limo service. But before I even had a chance to inform her I was a F pax, she just cut me off immediately by saying the service is only eligible for paid first class pax in A or F booking class. Was only after she stopped rambling did I have the opportunity to let her know I was a paid F customer and to pull out my booking. Needless to say, she wasn't too interested in assisting me.
not surprised as thats the default works ethics from that place and office.
if that ever happened to me i think i'd ask for a supervisor for clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.