Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Getting a BA Club reward ticket via Asia Miles?

Old Dec 18, 2005, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priceline Titanium

I'd like to use Asia Miles to get a BA Club ticket from NYC-LED with a stopover on the way back in London. I checked with Asia Miles a few weeks ago for availability in May '06; it was clear. I needed to top off miles to get to 60000 with a Starpoints exchange, that took a few weeks. When I called today, there was no availability - not sure exactly why, it's possible the BA systems were down; I was not communicating brilliantly with the agent.

Should I just call back on a daily basis or is there something more I need to know about redeeming for BA on Asia Miles? I did do a search in the forum, and got plenty of good information, but thought I should ask about this specific situation.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Can you please advise on the exact days that you want to travel? Maybe some of us could check it out on ba.com for you. But Asiamiles would have the same availability as ba.com.

May '06 is still rather far ahead.. but one of the good things of asiamiles is that you are allowed to book for your flights even if you don't have enough points in your account. It's just that you need those points to be in when you are to issue the ticket.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Can you please advise on the exact days that you want to travel? Maybe some of us could check it out on ba.com for you. But Asiamiles would have the same availability as ba.com.

May '06 is still rather far ahead.. but one of the good things of asiamiles is that you are allowed to book for your flights even if you don't have enough points in your account. It's just that you need those points to be in when you are to issue the ticket.
Thank you GB - My desired dates are

May 24 (arrive next day) JFK-LED
May 31 - LED-LHR
June 11 LHR-JFK

I did look on BA.com after a search here. There is availability, though not much for the final leg
Old Dec 18, 2005, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
How long can you hold an award reservation before ticketing?
Old Dec 18, 2005, 10:32 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Once you're confirmed, you must ticket within 30 days, or 10 days prior to the flight (whichever is earliest).
Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
Thank you GB - My desired dates are

May 24 (arrive next day) JFK-LED
May 31 - LED-LHR
June 11 LHR-JFK

I did look on BA.com after a search here. There is availability, though not much for the final leg
If ba.com is showing available, then asiamiles should have the dates available too. Call them up and request the dates. What CX must do after checking availability is to send a message request to BA to get the seats confirmed. This is usually instantaneous. But sometimes may take up to 24 hours. So just do the booking soon.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Yes indeed, that worked! Once I was able to tell them what BA had open, there was no trouble at all. I had to opt for the day before I wanted for the final LHR-JFK leg, but I can see if the following day opens up at a later point. I've put a hold on the booking - as stated here, it does last a month. I ran through the booking on BA's site. Taxes and fees come to $335 so I'm guessing that's what I'll pay when I book.

Thank you so much GB.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is not a requirement to check for availability through ba.com when booking through asiamiles on ba award flights. Asiamiles has every capability in checking for award seats and advising you accordingly.

Yes taxes are high especially when travelling ex-LHR on J/F tickets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.