Community
Wiki Posts
Search

celebrity sightings in CX?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Back Street Boys

I once boarded a 747 from LAX to HKG and had the Back Street Boys all sitting in F class. It was the 5 f them and me with their management in J class. They were all flying on to the Philippines for some charity concert I believe.

They behaved like any passengers....Ate, Slept, watched movies. No Drama.
Plane landed...I went home.

Cheers!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:47 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
J cabin HKG-HKT Cathay Dragon last Saturday, Paris Hilton boarded with her boyfriend, wearing shades of course They sat further back than me, so not 100% sure if they were in J (I suspect they were). I then slept most of the flight. TBH it was only when the meet n greeter at the jet bridge had a sign emblazoned with her name did I realise who she was! LOL.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:07 pm

I don't even know if he's considered celebs, but maybe more of a TV personality. Jin Gang, (Taiwan actor). Should be KUL-HKG J in roughly three years ago. Didn't really pay too much attention becuse I was resting.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:43 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
I've seen Ivanka Trump and co in F onboard 888 from YVR to JFK once. It was immediately after an evening event for Trump Vancouver purchasers. (this was a few years back before the presidential campaign)

My friend sat directly next to Bosco Wong from HKG-KUL back in the day when CX still operated that route in bulkhead J

Last edited by hl176; Nov 28, 2017 at 3:50 pm
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, GA Gold, CX Green
Matt Lauer

I saw Matt Lauer in Pier F lounge (HKG) on Jan 8. He was sleeping (or relaxing while closing his eyes idk) on a regular chair (not the day suites). I passed him a couple of times as I was taking some food from the Self serve pantry to my seat, and Im pretty sure its him.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), TK Elite (*A Gold)
David Beckham in Wing F Lounge (HKG) on 7 Dec . My wife shamelessly asked him for a photo, he was pretty nice about it. :/
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Former Australian PM Kevin Rudd in the Wing F on 7 Jan.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Jason Statham in the Wing F last year waiting for a flight to London.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Eason Chan on CX J between TPE and HKG.

Brian Grazer at the CX Lounge in BKK.

Last edited by lcpteck; Mar 11, 2018 at 12:12 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 10, 2018, 7:07 pm

The King of Cambodia. Seriously! Knew he was some VIP because he was in F along with two others from his party, the rest of the cabin was empty, one of the two aisles between J and F was roped off and in the front-row J seats they had burly bodyguard-looking types. Anyway, we arrived but before we could depart a three-man crew from a Cambodian TV network came forward (not sure if they were in J or Y+) to be first to exit and film His Highness walking out the door and off the plane. While that was happening I asked one of the FAs I'd chatted with during the trip, and she informed me of his identify.

What was very interesting was that, as I walked to immigration, I passed the king and slowed to observe... he was on a moving walkway at the time, and carried not a single thing, not a bag, even his passport etc would have been with one of his private secretaries (and all of those in his retinue were a few steps ahead or behind, as if he had a personal forcefield around him). Now you might think this is obvious, not like the king would be shlepping around a Samsonite roller and a duty-free shopping bag, but when you reflect upon it, how often do you see somebody at an airport, somebody travelling, with their hands completely empty, without a single thing being carried?

The other thing I noticed was the air of complete calm surrounding him: he clearly didn't have a thing to pre-occupy his mind (at least, not in terms of travel or arrivals or "Damn I hope my luggage is out already!"). He was walking with this serenity and composure, moving with an easy unhurried grace of a man who knows that the world or at least his world will wait for him. It was a most interesting exercise on observation!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:45 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
Was browsing old photos on my phone. Thought I'd share lol

Ivanka and Donald Jr at the event; didn't grab photos onboard. We were surprised they didn't fly on their daddy's gold plated jet (don't judge; this was before the presidential campaign):

Regional jet with Bosco (friend's photo/vid):

View My Video

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.