Community
Wiki Posts
Search

celebrity sightings in CX?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by StarG
Was on the same flight with him but on SQ's new B777-300ER in F.
He & Gayle Lok (girlfriend) were accross the aisle from me.
Very nice couple.
To CDG?
Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by hairpeace
To CDG?
hairpeace,

aren't you a celebrity of some sort?
Old Aug 14, 2007, 3:53 pm

Spotted Gigi Leung alone Feb 2007
Taipei -> Hong Kong
She was the last person who went into the lounge, when everybody has left. Very tall in person
Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:14 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by hairpeace
To CDG?
It was HKG-SIN flight.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by silverkris168
Several years ago I flew CX J from HKG-TPE and saw Karen Mok sitting across us, wearing dark glasses. She got on at the last minute (as typical for entertainment types).
I see her all the time on that dumb Unicef video, and lately advertising the life-affirming benefits of shopping in HK at the AE stations. How did somebody so homely became so famous in a culture obsessed with cute?
Old Aug 15, 2007, 6:03 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles
I see her all the time on that dumb Unicef video, and lately advertising the life-affirming benefits of shopping in HK at the AE stations. How did somebody so homely became so famous in a culture obsessed with cute?
come on. if you see someone cute on the UNICEF video, would you even give them a single penny. and again, who are they targeting? do you think the student who gets on the flight every holiday would give them a few dollars instead of saving it up for the next NDS game?
Old Aug 15, 2007, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, AMEX Plat, EVA Gold, SPG Gold, Diner
Meggie Q from LAX to HKG

She seat on 3K from LAX to HKG, she slept most of the time, and seems very polite.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX MPO
Mike Chinoy, CNN HK bureau chief, some time ago on HKG-TPE. Meet at baggage carousel and no one seemed to recognize him, although he's a frequent seen on CNN.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:15 am

Programs: Cathay Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
A little unrelated, but Pansy Ho was on the HKG-FRA flight Aug 4, 07 on LH, she was in F while I was in J

Carl Ng (model/actor) on a LAX-HKG May 06 in Y class

Joseph Yam (HKMA) sat in 1K on a LHR-HKG Mar 07, while I was in 1A - had a small chat
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:45 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold
I saw Leon Lai at least 10 years ago flying HKG-LAX. I believe he was on his way to shoot a music video in Mexico. He was obviously in F, and looking like a star that he should with sunglasses and leather jacket, he stood inside the jetway after the plane landed to wait for his assistants.

Not on CX but on some transatlantic flight, my friend had The Edge, guitarist of U2, and Gwen Stefani, lead singer of No Doubt, on the same flight one time.

Getting even further from topic, I even bumped into Myolie Wu (Wu Hung Yee) in a vineyard of Italy in October 2005 while TVB was shooting a program. I did take a CX flight to FCO though.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 3:23 am

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Backstreet Boys et al

About a year ago there was some big concert in Manila I think and the Backstreet boys were on the midnight lAX-HKG flight taking up all the seats in F except mine. They were well behaved and it was interesting watching them interact and the group dynamic.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
CX882 HKG - LAX 8/21

Jessica Simpson in F. Appeared to be traveling with her Dad and a bodyguard.

Last edited by HUB Flyer; Aug 24, 2009 at 6:09 am
Old Aug 23, 2009, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by JNLentertainment
anyone?
Lu Liang Wei - not exactly on CX but after the flight I saw him and his family waiting for baggage right next to me.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: BR Gold, MPC Silver
Saw Tea Leoni 6 months ago at the F Lounge, The Pier and watched her bags for her while she went to the bathroom. Flew HKG-LAX and spoke with her again at the luggage carousel.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Mrs christep seemed to get rather flustered about bumping into someone by the name of Josh Hartnett on a CX MNL-HKG flight a couple of years ago.

Last edited by christep; Aug 24, 2009 at 8:56 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.