Wiki Posts
Search

PVG Lounge Closed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
PVG Lounge Closed

CX's PVG lounge, which was the only CX outstation lounge that stayed open during the pandemic, was just closed (temporarily according to the website). LHR is the only outstation lounge currently open. Not sure if CX (temporarily) closed it due to the recent outbreak in SHA, or if CX is finally allowed to close it after 3 years of opening.

Btw, I find it unacceptable CX does not provide lounge alternatives in outstations where its current lounge is closed.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
Interesting, I was sent to the China Eastern lounge couple of times when fly CX out of PVG in 2019. I can't even recall where the CX lounge is at PVG . I do remember the one in PEK.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: CX GO, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, World of Hyatt Globalist & M life Gold
Originally Posted by 350zrx330
Interesting, I was sent to the China Eastern lounge couple of times when fly CX out of PVG in 2019. I can't even recall where the CX lounge is at PVG . I do remember the one in PEK.
First opened in Jul 2019 I believe. Here are some photos I took aka 'for the gram' when I was last there in Nov 2019

Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
Originally Posted by tf552
First opened in Jul 2019 I believe. Here are some photos I took aka 'for the gram' when I was last there in Nov 2019

Then I believed I totally missed this one. Moved back to the US July 2019 and was flying AA most of the time between US and China, AA used the CA lounge in PVG Dec 2019.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
It closed for good, or just due to the lockdown/temporarily?

-Chris
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: CX GO, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, World of Hyatt Globalist & M life Gold
Originally Posted by cmiller11101
It closed for good, or just due to the lockdown/temporarily?

-Chris
Most likely the latter due to the nine day citywide lockdown imposed yesterday
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 350zrx330
That must have been the interim period when the old lounge was closed and the new lounge was not yet ready.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:18 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
CX's PVG lounge, which was the only CX outstation lounge that stayed open during the pandemic, was just closed (temporarily according to the website). LHR is the only outstation lounge currently open. Not sure if CX (temporarily) closed it due to the recent outbreak in SHA, or if CX is finally allowed to close it after 3 years of opening.

Btw, I find it unacceptable CX does not provide lounge alternatives in outstations where its current lounge is closed.
Maybe CX itself is closing soon.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Reopened. Seems it was only closed because of the outbreak. https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ic-lounge.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.