Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay announces pivot of business to become a wellness company?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)

Cathay is thrilled to be diving into the wellness space with the launch of Cathay’s wellness journey.
Full announcement here.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:17 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by cmiller11101
Rearranging your insurance policies on the Titanic might be more effective than rearranging deck chairs; but I think the claims adjusters will try and split hairs on whether the policy rearrangement happened after the iceberg struck or before.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:24 am

Old news, sort of. They already announced their intention to become a "lifestyle brand", whatever that means, last summer... I guess this is just part of it? Finding any source of revenue possible.
Gongzuokuang likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Originally Posted by CX HK
Old news, sort of. They already announced their intention to become a "lifestyle brand", whatever that means, last summer... I guess this is just part of it? Finding any source of revenue possible.
Oh, is this part of that? I thought this was something new.

Man, what a waste, this lifestyle brand nonsense. Come on.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Doesn't providing insurance require some evidence of long-term solvency and going concern?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Pickles
Doesn't providing insurance require some evidence of long-term solvency and going concern?
Cathay are simply an 'introducer', the insurance coverage is provided by CIGNA HK whose ultimate parent is based in Bloomfield, CT. Cathay are not underwriting it themselves, just marketing a product to their customer base in the same way that Amex, Chase etc. do and generating a hopefully lucrative continuing book of business for the insurer. If CX went down the insurance policy would still be active and the portfolio of business would likely end up being handled direct by CIGNA HK
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
Cathay are simply an 'introducer', the insurance coverage is provided by CIGNA HK whose ultimate parent is based in Bloomfield, CT. Cathay are not underwriting it themselves, just marketing a product to their customer base in the same way that Amex, Chase etc. do and generating a hopefully lucrative continuing book of business for the insurer. If CX went down the insurance policy would still be active and the portfolio of business would likely end up being handled direct by CIGNA HK
I guess it's in vogue, like AA that allows you to gain the highest level of elite status purely by spending on their co-branded credit card.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by cmiller11101
Oh, is this part of that? I thought this was something new.

Man, what a waste, this lifestyle brand nonsense. Come on.
Yeah, CX is for flying, not for some "community" with an immense wide area of interest. They more and more try to mimic Fakebook and the like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.