Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Successfully Booking 2 CX First Award Tickets

Old Oct 21, 2021, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member

Anyone have any suggestions for booking 2 CX First Award Tickets? Hoping to book for myself and partner.

I've had success booking a First Award using Alaska miles, but I think I read somewhere CX usually just releases 1 First Ticket to Partners on occasion, and finding more than 1 First ticket is extremely rare.

Would I have a better chance booking the 2nd Ticket with Asia Miles? Or maybe buying a Business ticket and hopefully Upgrade to First with Miles?

Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:20 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
You should be glad if CX even have a flight flying out of the date/route you want.

Nevermind one with 4-class
Nevermind one with 2F seats for redemption
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Very difficult to book 2 F awards regardless with Am or partners. The 4 times I have had success was booking one and waitlisting the 2nd one, and just kept checking back to see when another F seat is released . Usually it happens close in to the flight departure, so having good flexibility will really help. Good luck, I do not think CX is flying many 4 class planes at this time.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Originally Posted by craig44485
Very difficult to book 2 F awards regardless with Am or partners. The 4 times I have had success was booking one and waitlisting the 2nd one, and just kept checking back to see when another F seat is released . Usually it happens close in to the flight departure, so having good flexibility will really help. Good luck, I do not think CX is flying many 4 class planes at this time.
Thanks for the reply. I actually just read today that CX is eliminating the waitlist process effective immediately (link to article below). I think I'll just book Partner in First and myself in Business, and if by some miracle a First Ticket becomes available then I'll book it. I know not to very optimistic, but you never know a miracle might happen.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/cath...d-waitlisting/
craig44485 and jmj9905 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
Thanks for the reply. I actually just read today that CX is eliminating the waitlist process effective immediately (link to article below). I think I'll just book Partner in First and myself in Business, and if by some miracle a First Ticket becomes available then I'll book it. I know not to very optimistic, but you never know a miracle might happen.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/cath...d-waitlisting/
The possibility to book a revenue ticket in J cabin and waitlist for upgrade to F (Z class) remains there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.