SCB Cathay MasterCard discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:25 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by percysmith
Explorer earns better but it's an Amex. However so does Flyer World and that is not also a World Mastercard like SCB Cathay.
I know Amex isn't accepted as widely, but I usually haven't had a problem with it. And I'd rather deal with AE than BEA - I can't even find details on the mileage transfer on the BEA website! The "details" button has no link active.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: CX MPC GO, BAEC Silver, AC, HHonors Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
It says that club points earned through spending will be credited once per year in March. So your Jan to Dec club points spending will be in your account the following March….not convenient if you need to get some club points at the end of your Marco Polo year.
Does it mean they will only count the spending within that particular year (for instance, only spending from Jan 2022 to Dec 2022 would be counted)? Or does it count by rolling $100,000 spending basis regardless of the year (say spending from Jun 2021 onwards till $100,000 is hit)? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.