Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

[Debunked] Cathay Pacific HK F Class lounge joins priority pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Debunked] Cathay Pacific HK F Class lounge joins priority pass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2021, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I was told Priority Pass is building its own lounge in the West Hall…maybe they intended to open it before their agreement with Plaza Premium expires.
Source?
Old Jun 20, 2021, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by percysmith
The AEL isn't particularly cheap either. Think about getting back into town by bus, or better still, TPE to town by bus.
It's not exorbitant either. The bus is definitely cheaper. I think HKG should make it cheaper. Pretty sure Heathrow Express is more expensive.

TPE also have an airport express. Don't remember it being too expensive either.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For HKG we never used Arrivals Lounge like this. Always woke up o'dark-hundred and cabbed into airport.

For HND we've definitely slept over/used in T1 and then gone into JCB lounge after getting BP.
I wonder if there are any concrete plans for an arrival lounge landside? I really liked that idea.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 8:28 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by lsquare
HKG train is a bit on the expensive side, but I think London's Heathrow Express is way more expensive. HKG airport express also gets to Central in under 30 minutes. I think that's a very important benchmark. Vancouver is also pretty reasonable and you arrive in downtown in like 20 minutes. I'm sort of surprised JFK, SIN, and TYO doesn't have something comparable.
What do you mean "SIN does not have something comparable"?

SIN has train to downtown within 30 minutes, too. It costs less than US$2. However, you need switch train at Tanah Merah
Old Jun 20, 2021, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by freed0m

SIN has train to downtown within 30 minutes, too. It costs less than US$2. However, you need switch train at Tanah Merah
Oops. From memory, I was thinking of at least 40 minutes to the airport when I last took the train to SIN.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
I think they mean no dedicated Aiport Express Line?
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Sozee
I think they mean no dedicated Aiport Express Line?
There is dedicated airport express connecting SIN to Tanah Merah. After that, you can go anywhere in SG through regular trains. Unlike HKG, SIN is very close to mass residential area, dedicated airport express to certain location is not required. Plus, downtown is not necessarily somewhere people go from airport.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I wonder if there are any concrete plans for an arrival lounge landside? I really liked that idea.
When the T2 arrival lounges closed, they said they would be reopened when the airport extension was completed. Of course a few years is a long time so plans can change.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:51 pm

SIN I always cabbed or Uber. Can't be bothered doing anything else.

TYO - Narita Skyliner/Haneda Monorail?
It really depends on the hours.

Though SG traffic is not jammed like other mega cities, morning traffic to town can be terrible in SG standard(smooth in Bangkok or Jakarta standard).
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sxc
When the T2 arrival lounges closed, they said they would be reopened when the airport extension was completed. Of course a few years is a long time so plans can change.
You got more info of the extension at HKG? In the US, some airports used the pandemic as a justification to speed up expansion plans.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
The AEL isn't particularly cheap either. Think about getting back into town by bus, or better still, TPE to town by bus.
It's not exorbitant either. The bus is definitely cheaper. I think HKG should make it cheaper. Pretty sure Heathrow Express is more expensive.

TPE also have an airport express. Don't remember it being too expensive either.
Yes, the Taoyuan Airport (TPE) Mass Rapid Transit opened in 2017 and costs around 5~6USD one way, pretty cheap.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 12:32 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
You got more info of the extension at HKG? In the US, some airports used the pandemic as a justification to speed up expansion plans.
HKG is using the reduced passenger numbers due to the pandemic to expedite their expansion plans. This includes renovation of the existing main terminal building (scaffolding and construction are everywhere), building the bridge between the main concourse and the North Satellite Terminal, and the building of the 3rd runway.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Yes, the Taoyuan Airport (TPE) Mass Rapid Transit opened in 2017 and costs around 5~6USD one way, pretty cheap.
Thanks for refreshing my memory. Yea, Taipei is a very affordable Asian city. If only UA has better departure timing from TPE to SFO...
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by realgaga
HKG is using the reduced passenger numbers due to the pandemic to expedite their expansion plans. This includes renovation of the existing main terminal building (scaffolding and construction are everywhere), building the bridge between the main concourse and the North Satellite Terminal, and the building of the 3rd runway.
That's awesome. Did HKG provide an update as to when the expansion will be completed?
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:01 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
That's awesome. Did HKG provide an update as to when the expansion will be completed?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong...ster_Plan_2030

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.