Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

"We'll soon be elevating your Cathay experience"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We'll soon be elevating your Cathay experience"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Speaking of elevations, does anybody else have trouble accessing reservations on the mobile app? It's been busted for a few days now, and I am afraid it's because of this forthcoming "elevation."
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: Cathay Pacific - Diamond
I've had problems with them loading for a while, yes.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
I received an emailed letter saying that they (Cathay Marco Polo) were excited to let me know that I was becoming a Lifetime member. Seems a bit odd. They made me a Lifetime member a generation ago, probably before the author of this nonsense was born.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomYoung
I received an emailed letter saying that they (Cathay Marco Polo) were excited to let me know that I was becoming a Lifetime member. Seems a bit odd. They made me a Lifetime member a generation ago, probably before the author of this nonsense was born.
That's interesting - probably a formality as technically this is a new program, so they are transferring your life status in (I suppose in a crueler world they could also cut lifetime memberships as this was part of the old program).

Do you mind posting the email? I have never seen an official email mentioning lifetime status from CX.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Well, if this "elevation" involves their mobile app being pretty much useless, as it is for me right now, I'm all for it. Edited to add: ended up deleting and reinstalling the app, and all good (for now).

Last edited by Pickles; Aug 13, 2022 at 5:33 am
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:01 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
I would say almost certainly happening. All it seems will be revealed on 15th September. Also the old 'lifetime diamond' membership is being revived I have been told that its going to be called 'The Club' but source was not Cathay thus may not be correct.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 11:16 pm

Also had an email and a second asking for my updated details so that new Lifetime membership cards and tags could be prepared. A very long time ago (late nineteen eighties as I recall) I was an original 'lifetime' member and at that time one's wife also received a top level card that could also be used if travelling on her own -nice if that was revived -but I don't expect so.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:33 pm
TKG

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Star Alliance Gold
I got a mail about the change coming on 17 August as well. The contents mention changes to T&Cs, as well as Cathay's privacy policy, but not much else.

Does anyone have information on changes to redemption rates? I need to use up a bucketful of miles before they expire later this year.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oldchinahand
I would say almost certainly happening. All it seems will be revealed on 15th September. Also the old 'lifetime diamond' membership is being revived I have been told that its going to be called 'The Club' but source was not Cathay thus may not be correct.
Where did you see this 15 Sept date?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:21 am

CX HK Actually a one- off communication to me mentioned mid September. I rather unconsciously interpreted this as the 15th.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:18 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Now that the new Cathay has been revealed, we can continue discussion here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...ew-cathay.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.