Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

"We'll soon be elevating your Cathay experience"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We'll soon be elevating your Cathay experience"

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
The boarding pass has different colours for different cabins at the lower right corner. Will it come back?
HarbourGent and SLGO like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by CX748
What're the chances of CX merging Marco Polo Club and Asia Miles into a single programme, similar to what Air Canada recently did with Aerolan?
If so, it will be a waste of money.
Old May 29, 2021, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
The elevated experience is you will be enjoying the delightful cuisine from Cathay when you are quarantined. Seriously.
LOL...yeah, and after the cotton swab up my nostrils and reward for sitting in that area for several hours, my reward is complete isolation in a hotel room for 14 day with a 35K HKD & 6 month prison term looming if I step out before I'm done. Oh, and that bracelet that's going to be my constant companion during the entire time is a nice touch.
Old May 29, 2021, 2:34 pm

Suddenly one thought pops up in my mind, could it be the new CX branded credit card in HKG since the AMEX is officially ending on 1 Jun? Some of the wordings of the video description such as everyday life lead to new discoveries could sound like those advertising miles earning credit cards.
Old May 29, 2021, 11:36 pm

Programs: Cathay Pacific - Diamond
Originally Posted by patrickw
Suddenly one thought pops up in my mind, could it be the new CX branded credit card in HKG since the AMEX is officially ending on 1 Jun? Some of the wordings of the video description such as everyday life lead to new discoveries could sound like those advertising miles earning credit cards.
Plausible. I'm hoping it'll include ways of earning Club Points on the ground... a few other carriers have gone that way. SQ allows for qualifying miles to be earned from award mile transfers from credit cards, and AC-branded credit cards earn status qualifying miles directly.

That said, it'll likely be a painfully-low earning rate on Club Points if it comes to fruition.
Old May 30, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I'm based in Taiwan and also received the email. If that's the case, the card should also be rolled out in Taiwan then.
Old May 30, 2021, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I'm based in Taiwan and also received the email. If that's the case, the card should also be rolled out in Taiwan then.
That means it is not the card.
Old May 30, 2021, 10:23 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Email just went out under standard “Cathay Pacific” letterhead (vs Marco Polo Club last week). So may not be miles related.
Old May 31, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
EU based with MPC style signature, last week, for me.

I seriously hope, they do not something like a pre-filled linked-in or facebook platform for MPC members......

Practical items:
- Book the cook.
- Airport buggies.
- Pickup and bring-home based on "shared" transportation for DM in F/J ?

J class tickets seem to be pretty expensive at the moment, so "added" value to make the pricing acceptable could be an item.
Old May 31, 2021, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Got it in French as a past CX flyer (not MPC).

For months, CX has stopped flying to Europe, except the occasional LHR flight when not banned. In the meanwhile other airlines have been flying to/from HKG and Asia.
Airlines like QR or TK have been very active taking market share of the European market. CX kept scheduling a restart to some European destinations but kept cancelling/postponing. There might not have been that many pax travelling over the past ten months, but CX is getting to be a distant memory for those.
Nowadays, I am booking only airlines which have flown during the pandemic, even with very light loads. Twice, I got a CX ticket booked at very high fare cancelled (even this June) and I won't take the risk anymore.

This lengthy preambule to say that CX has a lot of marketing to do not to be forgotten and get back their longhaul pax when they can fly again (health restrictions on crew relaxed). As CX is still not currently flying many longhaul flights, this message and the follow up is just a way yo keep people aware of their existence. That might not be needed for HKers, but it is for potential pax in Europe. I am not talking about America, which is a different situation.

Last edited by brunos; Jun 1, 2021 at 8:02 am
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
The only place I want to be elevated is into the air on a trip... but HK has made that impossible even though I'm vaccinated. Seriously. Cathay is just pissing people off with this crap. Unless they can find a way to allow quarantine free travel, they are not elevating anything.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
It's really hard to guess what they will announce. Well, whatever they announce is probably going to annoy some people.

But they already warned us that they are "elevating" our experience. They didn't say if they were elevating it in a good way or a bad way.

What they announce could elevate our already high levels of dislike / frustration / indifference / hopelessness towards the airline.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:14 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by fairhsa
The only place I want to be elevated is into the air on a trip... but HK has made that impossible even though I'm vaccinated. Seriously. Cathay is just pissing people off with this crap. Unless they can find a way to allow quarantine free travel, they are not elevating anything.
Seems to be elevating blood pressure for some.
fairhsa and hessbo like this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 2:07 am

Programs: CX MPC SL, MK KF SL
Originally Posted by garykung
That means it is not the card.
It is a card. 100% certain.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 4:28 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by theJae
It is a card. 100% certain.
Has been a while but still no news whatsoever. If it really is a new card, I’d be eager to see how is it better than the previous one. If it’s not partnered with AE this time, hopefully it’d be one that is more widely accepted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.