FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   LHR-HKG Special flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/2037562-lhr-hkg-special-flights.html)

sbs2716g Apr 8, 2021 6:47 am

LHR-HKG Special flights

So accordingly to CX, all 600 tickets for the 2 special flights CX2252 from LHR to HKG have been sold out within 2 hours.

But there are some complains that many can’t even access to the booking system and some are complaining that CX is charging high price.
£900 for one way Y seat. £3212 for one way business class.

https://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/news/202...00822_001.html

tentseller Apr 8, 2021 9:04 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g (Post 33161795)
So accordingly to CX, all 600 tickets for the 2 special flights CX2252 from LHR to HKG have been sold out within 2 hours.

But there are some complains that many can’t even access to the booking system and some are complaining that CX is charging high price.
£900 for one way Y seat. £3212 for one way business class.

https://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/news/202...00822_001.html

The one who cry and sit there doing nothing and cry for handouts will always be there.
While others with a high drive and resilience found many legal avenues to fly back and are back in HK.

Not for a moment can I believe ther HKPRs stuck in UK visiting family or student does not have the resources to detour back to HK.

Reply1984 Apr 8, 2021 9:15 am

Originally Posted by tentseller (Post 33162132)
The one who cry and sit there doing nothing and cry for handouts will always be there.
While others with a high drive and resilience found many legal avenues to fly back and are back in HK.

Not for a moment can I believe ther HKPRs stuck in UK visiting family or student does not have the resources to detour back to HK.

Honestly speaking I don't see why the government still bans the UK flights. The 21-day hotel quarantine scheme could be the most strict quarantine system in the world, and it is even stricter than the quarantine scheme in Mainland China. The risk brought by UK arrivals is not higher than other passengers. Besides, the UK variant has already been the mainstream variant in Europe, US and some Southeast Asia countries. It is not reasonable that only UK flights are banned.

kingbat Apr 9, 2021 8:43 am

Considering most of these people flying back to Hong Kong would’ve had return tickets… and many of them would be on CX. Then it’s a bit harsh if they have to buy new tickets to fly back home.

kingbat Apr 9, 2021 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Reply1984 (Post 33162170)
Honestly speaking I don't see why the government still bans the UK flights. The 21-day hotel quarantine scheme could be the most strict quarantine system in the world, and it is even stricter than the quarantine scheme in Mainland China. The risk brought by UK arrivals is not higher than other passengers. Besides, the UK variant has already been the mainstream variant in Europe, US and some Southeast Asia countries. It is not reasonable that only UK flights are banned.

That’s right… The UK variant is what is predominant in Europe and the USA. Therefore the UK ban makes no sense whatsoever unless they ban people flying from the US and Europe too. It stinks of politics.

fakecd Apr 9, 2021 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by kingbat (Post 33164778)
Considering most of these people flying back to Hong Kong would’ve had return tickets… and many of them would be on CX. Then it’s a bit harsh if they have to buy new tickets to fly back home.

why is it harsh? they chose to travel in time of a mess. they have price to pay for risk they took. i got zero sympathy for stranded ppl. disclaimer: comes from me who have all financial resources to travel if i wanted, but chose not to

Cambo Apr 10, 2021 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Reply1984 (Post 33162170)

Maybe just realize, the UK government does make itself currently far from popular with the HK-China-oriented leaders (be it in itself right or wrong). So would you expect the HK leaders to be willing to do the people arriving from UK a favor ?

Oh, that's called politics ......

Stop whining, it's all unfair at your viewing level, though overall understandable. That's how the world works.

kingbat Apr 10, 2021 2:42 am

Originally Posted by fakecd (Post 33166469)
why is it harsh? they chose to travel in time of a mess. they have price to pay for risk they took. i got zero sympathy for stranded ppl. disclaimer: comes from me who have all financial resources to travel if i wanted, but chose not to

It’s harsh if they already have tickets on Cathay Pacific as part of their return tickets.

kingbat Apr 10, 2021 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Cambo (Post 33166624)
Maybe just realize, the UK government does make itself currently far from popular with the HK-China-oriented leaders (be it in itself right or wrong). So would you expect the HK leaders to be willing to do the people arriving from UK a favor ?

Stop whining, it's all unfair at your viewing level, though overall understandable. That's how the world works.

So you’re saying it’s fine that HK is banning U.K. flights due to politics and at the same time making it difficult for hk people to return?

It’s difficult to criticise people who have gone back to the U.K….. it may have been necessary

Reply1984 Apr 10, 2021 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Cambo (Post 33166624)

Actually it is not. If it is really about politics, the HKSARG will make 100% efforts to take all the stranded HK residents in UK as soon as possible. Probably they will hang a banner on the plane 走,咱們回家 "Let's go home".
https://www.hk01.com/%E6%94%BF%E6%83...9B%9E%E5%AE%B6

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...0022300055.htm

Cambo Apr 10, 2021 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Reply1984 (Post 33166897)
Actually it is not. If it is really about politics, the HKSARG will make 100% efforts to take all the stranded HK residents in UK as soon as possible. Probably they will hang a banner on the plane 走,咱們回家 "Let's go home".
https://www.hk01.com/%E6%94%BF%E6%83...9B%9E%E5%AE%B6

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...0022300055.htm

That's the detailed/individual level. The UK/HK governments are dealing with an overall "who caves in first". Given Bojo's behavior around Brexit and the China oriented HK government, it's unlikely either of them is going to cave in soon.

oldchinahand Apr 12, 2021 4:57 am

A350 to LHR just leaving HK - 18.55 local -same aircraft that arrived from LHR yesterday

Reply1984 Apr 12, 2021 5:00 am

The HKSARG announced that the ban on UK flights will end in May. No need for any special flights.

oldchinahand Apr 16, 2021 4:03 am

There have been BA flights arriving from LHR to HK and vv every day for at least the past couple of weeks and Cathay 777 flights to UK every couple of days (possibly freight only). The only reason that CX is not flying a regular schedule is that there are not passengers and due to gov virus related temporary regulations Cathay were short of available pilots.
That changed yesterday which allowed Cathay to increase flights today and going forward.
All the trash political talk on this thread has little or no substance in fact.

Reply1984 Apr 16, 2021 10:54 am

Originally Posted by oldchinahand (Post 33181605)
There have been BA flights arriving from LHR to HK and vv every day for at least the past couple of weeks and Cathay 777 flights to UK every couple of days (possibly freight only). The only reason that CX is not flying a regular schedule is that there are not passengers and due to gov virus related temporary regulations Cathay were short of available pilots.
That changed yesterday which allowed Cathay to increase flights today and going forward.
All the trash political talk on this thread has little or no substance in fact.

BA LHR-HKG flights are cargo-only passenger flights.