Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-HKG Special flights

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2021, 5:03 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Reply1984
Not announced yet but SCMP reported that UK-HK flights wll be resumed this week.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage
Thank you for the link, much appreciated.

clubeurope
Old May 3, 2021, 6:40 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Reply1984
Not announced yet but SCMP reported that UK-HK flights wll be resumed this week.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage
This isn't correct. The earliest the flights will resume is May 17th.
Old May 3, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Cassie55
The Hong Kong Govt. via leader Carrie Lam, announced UK flights can now resume. Further details will be announced later today in a press release.

It is now up to the airlines to get prepared. While passenger flights can resume shortly, there is a matter of resolving what happens to UK-inbound aircrew who cannot enter Hong Kong without undertaking 21 day quarantine for now - the rule needs to be changed for this to make flights more straightforward rather than double crewing + extending duty.
Old May 3, 2021, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Cassie55
That's not correct either.
First the official announcement has to be made. I understand that airlines have already been notified.
Then the airlines have to schedule their crew given the very strict quarantine requirements.
BA has to get an additional FA crew who will stay onboard during the short turnaround in HKG. The F cabin is dedicated as rest area for the two crews.
CX has to find crews who will engage in their complicated rotation.
I don't know for VS.

But CX is already selling tickets from 14 May, with 5 weekly flights.
Old May 3, 2021, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
That's not correct either.
First the official announcement has to be made. I understand that airlines have already been notified.
Then the airlines have to schedule their crew given the very strict quarantine requirements.
BA has to get an additional FA crew who will stay onboard during the short turnaround in HKG. The F cabin is dedicated as rest area for the two crews.
CX has to find crews who will engage in their complicated rotation.
I don't know for VS.

But CX is already selling tickets from 14 May, with 5 weekly flights.
last week CX was selling flights for this week from LHR. But guess they were removed.
Old May 4, 2021, 6:50 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SinoBritAsia
The Hong Kong Govt. via leader Carrie Lam, announced UK flights can now resume. Further details will be announced later today in a press release.

It is now up to the airlines to get prepared. While passenger flights can resume shortly, there is a matter of resolving what happens to UK-inbound aircrew who cannot enter Hong Kong without undertaking 21 day quarantine for now - the rule needs to be changed for this to make flights more straightforward rather than double crewing + extending duty.
Can’t find any references in reports of Carrie’s address today or the press release yet.
Old May 4, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, QR Gold, CX Silver, ITA Executive, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Can’t find any references in reports of Carrie’s address today or the press release yet.
I just found this online (it's in Chinese)
https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...1050400797.htm

It stated that HK residents in UK and Ireland can enter Hong Kong from 7 May onwards if things are not drastically worsened. It also shows some more information on the risk group classifications.
Old May 4, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
It's official. Flights now operating from 7 May for HK residents or those with specific entry visas approved by the HKG duty immigration officer at time of check in.
clubeurope likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.