Search

Issue for Award ticket destination

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2020, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
Issue for Award ticket destination

Hi!
I'm just approaching the Asia Miles program. I've create my account, and searching for an award ticket from Milan starting from the home page of the Asia Miles website, I can see only a few destination of Asia Miles network (for exemple, if I put Milan MXP as departing apt, I can't select/see Sydney or Bangkok as arrival apt).
But, If I do my research from this link https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-...nt_search=true I can select and display all types of destination.
Someone can explain me why I have this issue? It would be possible for me issue my ticket with any sort of problem or probably I won't be able to issue a ticket even if I can display it using the link above?

Many thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold, Marco Polo - Silver
It’s a known and very annoying bug. Search Availability for the sectors separately, then call or chat with Asiamiles to do the redemption according to the full itinerary.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 8:32 am
BCH

It happens to me, too. Here's how I've been able to work around it.

1. Select whatever destination the system allows you. (For me, it allows Brisbane but not Melbourne.). Search.
2. After the results pop up, click on New Search, and enter your preferred destination. It should work.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 11:47 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
This could very well be a feature and not a "bug". Just to avoid "service providers" using scraping tools to grab all inventory, leaving nothing for those "seriously" looking for availability (through AM helpdesk).
Old Jan 1, 2021, 6:44 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by AZ112
But, If I do my research from this link https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-...nt_search=true I can select and display all types of destination.
Hang on, why even bother with the "home page" of the AM website? I go straight to facade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.