Wiki Posts
Search

Return of HKG-BNE (Brisbane)?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Return of HKG-BNE (Brisbane)?

CX is bringing back HKG-BNE? Someone commented that it'll be business-class only, which seems dubious.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...g-kong-flights

Anyone know anything?

-Chris
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmiller11101
CX is bringing back HKG-BNE? Someone commented that it'll be business-class only, which seems dubious.

Anyone know anything?
Australia will continue to have a cap on arrival numbers based on the 14 day hotel isolation capacity. And is expected that will continue for a long time. AU government has stated expecting the AU international border to be closed to general travel for all of 2021. AU citizens and permanent residents cannot leave AU without government permission. Result is few passengers in and out.
If CX gets a quota for BNE is unknown. Or if a AU-HKG quarantine free bubble happens

Some people buy business class to ensure they get a seat. With some airlines (e.g.QR Qatar) have been reports of bumping economy passenger for bus class passengers, given they can only have 30~40 people on a flight to AU

13 Nov 2020. Au Gov National Cabinet Media statement
<snip>
Australians returning home
<snip>
National Cabinet agreed international air passenger caps have played an important role in ensuring jurisdictions’ quarantine systems can protect Australians at home. The Commonwealth will be extending the international air passenger caps till 31 January 2020 for Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide, with further increases to be made if and when additional quarantine places become available
<snip>
Jurisdiction -- Arrangements
  • Australian Capital Territory 360 passengers over two flights before Christmas
  • New South Wales a weekly cap of 3,000 passengers into Sydney
  • Northern Territory finalising arrangements with the Commonwealth to increase capacity at Howard Springs Quarantine Facility from the current 500 per fortnight
  • South Australia a weekly cap of 600 passengers into Adelaide
  • Queensland a weekly cap of 1,000 passengers into Brisbane, and increased surge efforts to 300 vulnerable Australians per week
  • Tasmania 450 Australians over three flights before Christmas
  • Western Australia a weekly cap of 1,025 passengers into Perth
<snip>
djsflynn and gobblercat like this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 26, 2020 at 11:56 am
Old Nov 26, 2020, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by cmiller11101

Anyone know anything?

-Chris
That 'comment' you mention was exactly that, a reader comment under the article and pure speculation dressed as assertion. CX has not mentioned anything about seat/class restrictions on this flight or any other flight. I've spoken with many Aussies returning from overseas and while there's a leaning towards them booking into business class (for several reasons) I also know many who've done their trip in premium economy or economy.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by djsflynn
That 'comment' you mention was exactly that, a reader comment under the article and pure speculation dressed as assertion. CX has not mentioned anything about seat/class restrictions on this flight or any other flight. I've spoken with many Aussies returning from overseas and while there's a leaning towards them booking into business class (for several reasons) I also know many who've done their trip in premium economy or economy.
my recent flight to Sydney had 21biz, 1 Pe, 15 eco. I guess they still need some eco pax to balance out the plane but imagine the demand/waiting list for them.
djsflynn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.