Singapore - Hong Kong travel bubble

Old Apr 26, 21, 6:02 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I wonder if the bubble passenger will be using the same lounge "The Wing" as those transit passengers. If so, it has totally defeated the purpose of separating transit passengers from bubble passengers.
Old Apr 26, 21, 8:00 am

Programs: AA 3MM CK, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, GP Courtesy Card, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by fakecd View Post
it reads
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0

"However, residents aged under 16 or considered unsuitable for vaccination on medical grounds are exempt. Also exempt from the vaccination requirement are residents who have spent fewer than 90 days in the SAR prior to departure, as well as those using non-Hong Kong travel documents."

does it mean need to use hk passport?
I wonder if HK ID is be considered a travel document, since a HK resident with foreign passport will still need to show it when entering or exiting HK...
Old Apr 26, 21, 8:05 am

Programs: Have
Originally Posted by neofung View Post
foreign passport holders are not require to have vaccination?
Interesting, so a HK resident (but not a permanent resident) can travel to Spore without vaccination?
Old Apr 26, 21, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
The HK ID is not considered as a travel document.
It seems to create a loophole that a permanent resident with a passport that is not HK does not need to be vaccinated.
What will be the exact requirement at check-in is an interesting question.
I guess the agent will ask the question: Are you a Hong Kong resident?
Old Apr 26, 21, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by fakecd View Post
it reads
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0

"However, residents aged under 16 or considered unsuitable for vaccination on medical grounds are exempt. Also exempt from the vaccination requirement are residents who have spent fewer than 90 days in the SAR prior to departure, as well as those using non-Hong Kong travel documents."

does it mean need to use hk passport?
maybe refer to those expats working in HKG. And also singaporeans working in HKG (for which they should be consider as resident of HKG). So HKG gov canít force them to take the vaccination first before flying.
Old Apr 26, 21, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by SKRan View Post
Interesting, so a HK resident (but not a permanent resident) can travel to Spore without vaccination?
should be the case. Taking the example of many singaporeans working n staying in HKG. I donít think HKG gov can force them to take vaccination before allowing them to fly?
Old Apr 26, 21, 4:59 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by brunos View Post
It seems to create a loophole that a permanent resident with a passport that is not HK does not need to be vaccinated.
If you are using a HK Passport, you need to be vaccinated.
Old Apr 26, 21, 5:00 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. CX Nobody
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
should be the case. Taking the example of many singaporeans working n staying in HKG. I donít think HKG gov can force them to take vaccination before allowing them to fly?
i am not sure how double standard applies to foreign passport holders. if those live and reside in hk, should be subjected to same rules.. govt is trying to increase vaccination rate and this to me sends contradictory message. not to mention large number of "hk local" with foreign passports particularly the affluent types who may actually choose to travel.

anyways i would say
1) those who dont want vaccine arent going to get a jab just to travel, and
2) those who need to travel will fly regardless of quarantine.

i personally am not interested to get stuck in singapore if unknown case spikes. look at NZ-Perth bubble that was shut in first 4 days due to one case in perth
Old Apr 26, 21, 5:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by fakecd;33207683 i personally am not interested to get stuck in singapore if unknown case spikes. look at NZ-Perth bubble that was shut in first 4 days due to [b
one case in perth[/b]
The WA/NZ bubble was suspended because the WA Government ordered a lockdown because of that one case, but I fully agree with your sentiment. Much as I would like to visit Singapore, I have some business to take care of, while the situation is dynamic, the chances of being caught out are too high.
Old Apr 26, 21, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by brunos View Post
This rule is wired since it is just for encouraging HK people to get vaccinated but not for public health. Maybe the government also clearly sees the loopholes but they are fine with that, since they already sent the message to the public that people can only travel like old days when they get vaccinated.
brunos likes this.
Old Apr 26, 21, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA EC
But how many will go just for leisure?
4 tests in total cost up to 3000 hkd + round trip ticket at least 3000 hkd
waste the first day in hotel to wait for test result
waste half day in sg to test for covid before coming back to HK
Old Apr 27, 21, 1:27 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Booked for Mrs TMT and myself, two young kids and a helper. Unfortunately the tickets are a lot more than the above as there's only one flight a day capped at 200 passengers, and transnational families don't have much choice if we need to visit elderly relatives.
Old Apr 27, 21, 1:30 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by Reply1984 View Post
It says the test result will be released in 3 hours. Not too bad.
Thanks. Agreed that 3 hours is not too bad... unless you're travelling with young children and the one daily bubble flight doesn't arrive back in HKG till 7pm!
Old Apr 27, 21, 3:02 am

Programs: BA EC
Originally Posted by Too much travel View Post
Booked for Mrs TMT and myself, two young kids and a helper. Unfortunately the tickets are a lot more than the above as there's only one flight a day capped at 200 passengers, and transnational families don't have much choice if we need to visit elderly relatives.
I did some random search for late June, price range from 2954 to 3474.
Enjoy your holiday with your family
Old Apr 27, 21, 6:17 am

have been reading that the results of arrival tests for those group of ppl who are exempted from quarantine in Singapore (Ie pax from China/australia/NZ/Taiwan) usually will be out in around 4-5 hours.

Search this Thread