Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Will award tix on partner airlines hold in case CX goes down?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, SK, QR

I have a large stack AM which I was planning to use sometime next year. Given the dark days, I'm wondering if I make award redemptions now on partner airlines for next year, will they still hold if Cathay goes down in the meantime? Or will the tickets be cancelled if CX goes bankrupt?
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
If CX goes bankrupt, other airlines (including oneworld partners) have the right to cut interline agreement and refuse CX-160 documents, which means you will not be able to travel on those AM tickets. That being said, if CX goes bankrupt, it is likely several if not many AM partner airlines would also be bankrupt at that point.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
If CX goes bankrupt, other airlines (including oneworld partners) have the right to cut interline agreement and refuse CX-160 documents, which means you will not be able to travel on those AM tickets. That being said, if CX goes bankrupt, it is likely several if not many AM partner airlines would also be bankrupt at that point.
Got it. Thanks for the information.
ernestnywang likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.