Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific axes almost all flights, capacity cut by 96%.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific axes almost all flights, capacity cut by 96%.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:02 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by percysmith
Then why list ADL on the suspension list? HKG-(CX)SYD-(QF)ADL is eminently feasible, with SYD-ADL 21 FPW https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...twork-changes/
If I search this (HKG-ADL) on the CX site, it returns nothing. CX doesn't have an agreement with QF to sell that maybe?
percysmith likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Pro, Marriott Platinum, Sonesta Preferred
So JFK-HKG suspended?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
F*** I am so screwed. Stuck in San Francisco for now... I guess I will have to find a way to get to LAX and then LAX to HKG
Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
so how would CX expect any of us to maintain a status with only 4% capacity?
blum81 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
They are too busy dealing with daily operations (or lack thereof and the implications) to worry about status now, I’m guessing. I would expect an announcement in the next few weeks. Don’t panic.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by geckoflyer
They are too busy dealing with daily operations (or lack thereof and the implications) to worry about status now, I’m guessing. I would expect an announcement in the next few weeks. Don’t panic.
With the mid-status benefit, it seems a little hard to just extend everyone.... so maybe more status points relief coming?

My mum will be 10 points short for Silver renewal end of May (if they continue to give another 30 points), with almost zero possibility to travel with CX or any OW flights, I think it would only be fair that CX had to renew her SL at end of May
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:03 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sxc
If I search this (HKG-ADL) on the CX site, it returns nothing. CX doesn't have an agreement with QF to sell that maybe?
Sorry when I choose dates when there are actual departures to Sydney, the connection on QF to ADL does come up. So the advisory written by Cathay is just badly written.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:05 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sxc
Cathay stupidly has misleading information in their advisory. For example, it implies that in Australia, only Adelaide will be suspended:

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...assengers.html
I see that this has been rewritten in the evening:

Cathay Pacific will operate three flights per week to 12 destinations: London (Heathrow), Los Angeles, Vancouver, Tokyo (Narita), Taipei, New Delhi, Bangkok, Jakarta, Manila, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore and Sydney.

Cathay Dragon will operate three flights per week to 3 destinations: Beijing, Shanghai (Pudong), and Kuala Lumpur.
tfung and percysmith like this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
I see that this has been rewritten in the evening:

Cathay Pacific will operate three flights per week to 12 destinations: London (Heathrow), Los Angeles, Vancouver, Tokyo (Narita), Taipei, New Delhi, Bangkok, Jakarta, Manila, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore and Sydney.

Cathay Dragon will operate three flights per week to 3 destinations: Beijing, Shanghai (Pudong), and Kuala Lumpur.
This was the content of the first post of this thread
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ausriver
I'd expect they will either keep doling out the pro-rata serve of monthly club points (140 for Diamond, 65 for Gold, 30 for Silver), or they'll do what Qantas (for example) has done and just give everybody a full 12-month extension.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:51 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by brunos
This was the content of the first post of this thread
Yes but the accompanying Cathay notice on their website was initially misleading/wrong.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post32209937
djsflynn likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by flubber
F*** I am so screwed. Stuck in San Francisco for now... I guess I will have to find a way to get to LAX and then LAX to HKG
Having to get to LAX from SFO hardly counts as being "so screwed"!! If you were at JFK then I might have more sympathy.
fallinasleep likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Implies still will fly to Chicago. Zeroed.
They still list the CX807 ORD-HKG flight on 7 May when I check my trip on their site, but trying to book that date just gives me ORD-LAX AA, LAX-HKG CX. I guess they just haven't gotten to my reservation.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
They still list the CX807 ORD-HKG flight on 7 May when I check my trip on their site, but trying to book that date just gives me ORD-LAX AA, LAX-HKG CX. I guess they just haven't gotten to my reservation.
FWIW
​​​​​​​Booking YYZ HKG now shows YVR connections on the day that flight is operating.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I got the same thing here. I have a booking on CX807 at Mar 10. It's still there at Manage Booking. But I cannot find the same flight on book a trip
BTW,I am also at MSN.

Last edited by rickliu2000; Mar 22, 2020 at 12:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.