Wiki Posts
Search

KA896 bound to PVG diverted to HKG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Asiana Gold, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
KA896 bound to PVG diverted to HKG

Flight KA896 from HKG to PVG came back to HKG after less than one hour in the air today. Does anyone know if it was a technical issue or a passenger issue?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:09 am

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Technical issue only. I was on the flight. They could have continued on to PVG, but they don’t have crew there to repair the issue before taking off again. It was cheaper for them to return to HKG. They ended up swapping aircraft with one of the exact same configuration. They didn’t issue new boarding passes, but we had to board outfield from gate 512. We also got a new crew (including pilot) since this is a same-day turnaround flight now. Everything was handed very, very smoothly.

I forgot to ask what the problem was, but other than returning to the origin it was a totally normal flight.

I feel sorry for the people waiting in HKG. Our scheduled departure was 4PM from HKG and I think their departure is something like 8pm maybe... we didn’t finally deplane until almost 11pm due to waiting for health inspectors.
flubber likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
By the way, the flight was almost entirely full. I had tried to take the same flight the day before but my waitlist didn’t clear. I was standby for this flight and got one of the “first class” seats at the last minute (I suppose thanks to being a DM). Today’s flight was also overbooked (-1).

HKG may be empty and CX may be in hibernate mode having cut a plethora of flights, but HKG-PVG seems to be alive and well. Lol.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:06 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cmiller11101
By the way, the flight was almost entirely full. I had tried to take the same flight the day before but my waitlist didn’t clear. I was standby for this flight and got one of the “first class” seats at the last minute (I suppose thanks to being a DM). Today’s flight was also overbooked (-1).

HKG may be empty and CX may be in hibernate mode having cut a plethora of flights, but HKG-PVG seems to be alive and well. Lol.
The KA flights with F seats came with less total seats.. I wonder why KA doesn't use the ones with most seats for PVG,
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:00 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by Ausriver
The KA flights with F seats came with less total seats.. I wonder why KA doesn't use the ones with most seats for PVG,
there are people who are willing to shell out some ridiculous money for 2 hours in the cirrus seat
Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
there are people who are willing to shell out some ridiculous money for 2 hours in the cirrus seat
KA doesn't sell F seats to PVG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.