Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

DEVALUATION! - No more stopover for one way tickets effective 1 April 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEVALUATION! - No more stopover for one way tickets effective 1 April 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:34 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Donkitravel
Only when all the sectors are confirmed, they won't adjust your deadline. When all the sectors are confirmed, do not answer their calls. The deadline will be kept at 10 days before your first flight. That's my experience over the years.
(Max 10 waitlists) AM will need a lot fewer staff to chase you up for this too.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:54 pm

Comments from bloggers by time order:

https://t.me/ppgofly/1185 (this one doesn't really load in browser so I'm going to capture it)

Spoiler

Waiting for English-language bloggers to catch up; alternatively recommend reading the above links in Google Chrome.

Last edited by percysmith; Mar 19, 2020 at 11:39 pm
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:10 am

So pseudo-round trip like (JFK-HKG-YYZ, LHR-HKG-CDG) are dead, but mixed-cabin to reduce mileage as the OP said is still available.

You don’t take the second flight on (LHR-HKG-IAD) anyway so the limit on stopover time doesn’t matter, except when there is no availability in the 24hr window, which I suspect to be a rare event.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by percysmith
Actually the game that cannot be played carrying forward is fake one-way (YVR-HKG-SEA, see below)

Your mixed cabin (LHR-(F)HKG-(Y)IAD) can still be played - see how to generate a short-check on revenue tickets.
Yes, fake one-way (the term HK people use) an still be played but the availability of the second sector may not allow you to play. It is less flexible after the change.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:22 am
Original Poster

(Max 10 waitlists) AM will need a lot fewer staff to chase you up for this too.
People will then set up more dummy accounts to create the waitlist. Change the account for mileage deduction at the time of ticketing once seats are confirmed. Award seats availabilities for stopovers and transit are sometimes different.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:48 am

Yes, fake one-way (the term HK people use) an still be played but the availability of the second sector may not allow you to play. It is less flexible after the change.
Hang on

Fake one way is HKG-KIX-TPE or YVR-HKG-SEA. Unless you want <=24h transit in KIX/HKG, this will be eliminated 1 Apr.

Your LHR-HKD-IAD is mixed cabin - that can still be played, but with less flexibility as second sector must be a transit.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:49 am

People will then set up more dummy accounts to create the waitlist. Change the account for mileage deduction at the time of ticketing once seats are confirmed. Award seats availabilities for stopovers and transit are sometimes different.
You can't waitlist without 100% miles https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post32002105 . They haven't changed that, I just checked (not exactly dummy but I have some zero mile family member accounts).
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP
This is effective April 1st or today? If apr 1st I’ll call to book one more.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyingstudent
This is effective April 1st or today? If apr 1st I’ll call to book one more.
Stopover in one-way ban is effective 1 April.

(Must be ticketed before 1 April; if you're on waitlist before 1 April and it clears on 1 April, you're not allowed to ticket it)

Last edited by percysmith; Mar 21, 2020 at 12:00 am
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:36 am
Original Poster

You can't waitlist without 100% miles https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post32002105 . They haven't changed that, I just checked (not exactly dummy but I have some zero mile family member accounts).

Elite members can do waitlist by calling the hotline.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:08 am

An elite probably has a sizeable chunk of AM sitting idle already.

An elite cannot extend this privilege to someone who isn't elite (calling for others; the underlying FQTR gets read).

The only workaround is if you're on some elite's redemption list (aka Son Of A DM), having the elite make the waitlist then reverting to your own FQTR for redemption.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 5:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What if you have a current confirmed booking BKK - HKG - LON then you’re also waitlisted for BKK - HKG sector. If you change it to a waitlist flight after 1st April will the miles be recalculated?

What if you change the date of a current 2-sector one way award after 1st April? Only change penalty or recalculation?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
What if you have a current confirmed booking BKK - HKG - LON then you’re also waitlisted for BKK - HKG sector. If you change it to a waitlist flight after 1st April will the miles be recalculated?

What if you change the date of a current 2-sector one way award after 1st April? Only change penalty or recalculation?
Only change penalty if your ticket of the confirmed sectors has been issued by 31 March.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:31 am

P.S. DMs also notified they’re subject to max 10 waitlists
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:13 pm

P.S. DMs also notified they’re subject to max 10 waitlists
10 HLs per PNR or 10 sectors in total?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.